Thursday, March 17, 2011

How many of these shoes does it take to fill a closet....

I hope that everyone had a great St. Patty's Day...I had to go to the dentist and get a crown done...not fun...and I look like a chipmunk.

The frogs were singing away this morning and again this evening when Bob and I finally came home...a sure sign of Spring in our neck of the woods.

Last night we attended our monthly BWADA (Blue Water Antique Dealers Association) meeting in which Bob is the Vice President. We meet every third Wednesday in Port Huron, Michigan at the Atrium Cafe. This restaurant is owned by two of our members, Rock and Gayle (husband & wife team) who are great hosts. Their restaurant is simply gorgeous, and I wanted to share pictures with you all.


Actual lights from a church that was taken down.



These seats were from a movie theatre dating back to 1929. Rock and Gayle painstakingly had to remove gum and grime from every one and recovered them in a turquoise pleather.

In this side room they have an antique movie projector built into the wall, that plays silent movies. I'm afraid these pictures do not do this room justice.
The main room is furnished in the Victorian era...forgot to take pictures...sorry.

Rock is the ever gracious host...Gayle was hiding.

We had a guest speaker last night and he showed us the cutest little....



Isn't this the most darling little shoe that you have ever seen! It is only two inches long. Looks Victorian and is black. Can anyone tell me what they think it is??? It even has a little buttons on the side which unfortunately you cannot see in this picture. Comments welcome...and I will reveal what it is tomorrow as I need to get some shut eye. Until tomorrow...this shoe was not made for walking....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.