Sunday, August 12, 2018

My Reward(s)


After some storms came in overnight,
we still have some humid weather.
I will be staying in today.
Not because of the humidity,
but I threw my knee out last night.
Never did this before...so feel such an idiot.
Why you ask?
Because I did it getting up from using the toilet.
What an idiot I am. LOL
I walked it off last night, but this morning
making the bed...it did it again.
What gives?

There are times throughout the year
where I reward myself.
Which in English means
 I purchase things for myself.  :-)
Bob never minds.
He is the best!
Last month was one of those times. 


I have a wish list,
and the purchase of these antique blocks
checks one off my list.


I plan on using these for Christmas this year.
Wait until you see what I do.


There was also a bunny block!
WOOHOO for me.
I love BUNNIES.


I also purchased another bonnet.
This one in blue.


Then there was this coverlet piece.
It will be featured in my next CupboardScape.



I love the designs on this old beauty!

This past weekend was the antique trail
for our neck of the woods.
It starts in the town just South of us,
and ends around the Thumb of Michigan.
It is 3 day event with
200 miles for the treasure hunter.
My mom and I have done it for the last 10 years.
We were fortunate to do it once again.
I only drive two of the three days each year.

Friday ~Day 1
 We started our antique hunt promptly
at 9:00 am which the event starts each day.
We ended up at my mom's house at 4:15 pm.
The event ends daily at 5:00 pm.
Normally just driving to my mom's from
my house takes 1  1/2 hours.
I found some small Christmas goodies for myself.
Not much to resell for the store.
Chocolate cookies from the Amish.
Also bought some veggies from them.
Both mom and I met many friends along the way.
Also had 2 doe and a fawn run out in front of us.
So glad they were far enough ahead...
that neither I nor the camper going the other way
hit them.

Saturday ~ Day 2
Mom and I went to breakfast at the local diner.
Then we went to the Post Office 
to pick up her mail...then we were off.
This is where I scored big time.
An awesome cabinet for the house,
more prims for the house.
Items for the store too!
We ended our journey at Port Hope.
98 1/2 miles.
I never do the last 100 miles as it is more
farmland than sales.
Drove back to my mom's.
Grabbed our stuff and went back to my house.
Pulled into the driveway around 3:00 pm.

I am over the moon at the goodies I was
able to purchase for both home and store.
Some will also be going to the prim show
at Holly, MI.

Look forward to showing you what I purchased.
One item is very rare.

Not looking forward to removing a cabinet
from our house...
but in order to put the new one in...one must leave.
It's a good one though....

Reward Blessings To All!
Janice






  



12 comments:

  1. What an exciting two days! Sounds like a wonderful experience. I love your new (old) blocks, your bonnet and your coverlet piece. I look forward to seeing what you share with us in your next CupboardScape. Sorry to hear about your knee and hope it feels all better soon. When we go on travel around here we have to watch out for the deer too; always want to see them before they are too close! We even have them in our neighborhood. Oh, also looking forward to seeing your new cabinet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a good 2 days. At first I thought it would be a bust. Most of the sales were clothes, baby stuff and just garage sales. Not a lot of antiques...but the second day was the best! We have deer in our neighborhood too. Actually had one lay down one night on top of my butterfly bush and broke it. It was just starting to bloom. My knee is still sore. Been sitting a lot today just working on pumpkins. Janice

      Delete
  2. that sounds like quite the productive trip,, sorry about the knee,, sounds painful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Laurie. I should wrap it up. I may have to tomorrow since I have to work. Janice

      Delete
  3. WHAT I WOULD GIVE TO HAVE A TRAIL LIKE THAT AROUND HERE.HOWEVER I HIT A GREAT ESTATE SALE WITH CHEAP PRICES ALARGE YELLOW WARE BOWL FOR $2 BLUE JARS .25 LARGE FLOOR GREAT $2THE MOST SPENT ON ONE THING WAS $15 FOR A VINTAGE CHILDS WHEELBARROW.LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING YOUR NEW TREASURES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This year may be the last year since the promoter is no longer doing it. I am trying to convince Bob and others to pick it up. We will see. Glad you were able to score some goodies for yourself! Janice

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to seeing Day 2 purchases!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ugh! Your poor knee!! My right one always feels like it's going to give out when going up and down the stairs, but luckily, it has held out. Love those antique blocks you have! They will look wonderful at Christmas. Glad you had luck going to your sales....see you in September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bobbie! The knee is still giving me problems. Been sitting most of the day. FIL is cooking foe us, So I can continue to stay off it. See you soon! Janice

      Delete
  6. Oh sorry to hear about your knee,prayers for speedy recovery. Love your finds, lucky girl. I had no luck, left later went as far as Lexington, found cute little shop. All I found was overpriced stuff I have or clothes. My score came at your store woo hoo, i needed to have more money.
    your mom must be doing much better, glad to hear and glad to hear you found treasures cant wait to see. Have a much blessed week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I heard you scored at our store. I have my great grandfathers trunk, so I have no need for anymore, but I know you got some good ones! THew is a prim shop North of Lexington called Gull Cottage. I actually purchased a few Christmas tings from her. Janice

      Delete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.