Monday, August 27, 2018

August CupboardScape

Hello friends!
Well another weekend has come and gone.
I have been so focused on my prim show,
that it just dawned on me that I have not
posted my August CupboardScape.
Shame on me.


As I stated a few posts ago.
I had planned on my new
coverlet piece to be the backdrop 
for this month's CupboardScape.


I fell in love with this sunflower wreath.
Purchased on sale at Joann's
I so love sunflowers.
They are my happy flower.


The daisies and hydrangeas have also held
a special meaning to me as well.
I loved picking wild daisies on the farm.
Whilst hydrangeas were a farmhouse 
favorite of gramma H's.


I made this prim doll eons ago.
The blue tick fabric is old and heavy.


One of my cake crocks.
This is a blue salt glaze one.


One of my new finds on the antique trail.
An awesome blue pantry box,
with a bail handle.


Another find from the trail is this larger
pantry box.
{loving the patina on these old beauties}



Now I just need to find another one the same
size as my cake crock to complete the stack.


I have always loved blue!


Which is why I loved that blue dry sink.
I still do have other blue cabinets 
throughout the house.


Now even though parting was bittersweet,
for that blue dry sink of mine;
it went to a great home.
Sandy, so happy you purchased it!
I know you will love it as much as I did.

Sunflower Blessings To All!
Janice




14 comments:

  1. Hi Janice,
    Such a lovely grouping! I have always loved the old blue and your new pantry boxes and coverlets are fantastic! So happy your blue drysink found a new home, too!
    Hope you have a fabulous week!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you Julie! Doing a prim show next week and am hoping to find another blue pantry box to add to the stack. Wish me luck Janice

      Delete
  2. Your cupboard scape for August reminds me of flowers I saw in Virginia growing up. August was the last big Hurrah for flowers and the Hydrangeas always filled yards in our neighborhood. We had a blue one in our backyard that was always full of gorgeous blooms.

    I am in love with that little doll you made eons ago!!! She is so darn cute in her little blue ticking dress!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes hydrangeas and aster and mums are the last hurrah flowers. My white ones are turning a bit pink this year so not sure if it because of the soil or lack of rain. Who knows. Janice

      Delete
  3. Love your cupboard scape, i love blue and white together. I am So glad I went to check out the dry sink, it is a beauty for sure. You can come visit it😊🌻🌻. Thank you for enabling me to purchase it I absolutely love all my purchases from your store. Have a very blessed less stressful week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad it found another good home to go to Sandy! I know you will enjoy it as much as I did. Will definitely have to come visit. Enjoy your week and stay cool. It's going to be another hot one. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have such great collections! Variety of cool items to pull from. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Jacky. Many many years of collecting. Plus I limit my colors to wood, red, white and blue so they can be easily interchanged. Can wood be a color. :-) Janice

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very prim and pretty, Janice. I really like that coverlet especially.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you danice! I am partial to blue...but then I do like reds now too! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.