Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Easter Cookies

                                                  The non fattening kind. LOL
                                      Happy March my friends.
                           Spring is just around the corner now.
                                                     YIPEE!

                                             ***WARNING***
                                              Long post today.

                              So today I would like to show you
                     my latest cookies being sold at the gift shop. 


I took my batter and cooked up these shapes.


Iced and added silver nonpareils.
AKA silver beads.


Iced a little paw and added more
pink nonpareils. 
AKA pink beads.


Attached the paws to the body
to create my bunny butt cookie.
Isn't this just adorable!


Packaged up and ready to go.
Bob said I should have made more of these.
Guess he was right.
I think I only have one left.


Did the same for this cookie shape.


Decorated carrot cookie.


Again packaged for sale.


Finally this bunny head one.


Close up of the nonpareils.
(beads)

How fun to place these on a plate 
for your Easter decor!

Now for my Dancing Rabbit rug update.


I did opt for green grass.
Was actually thinking of just using 
a dark brown for dirt, but thought it would
just be too much brown.


Am outlining all of my bunnies
in an antique rose.
The background will comprise
of four different shades of this blue.
More of a colonial blue rather 
than a primitive color.
To see more of my rug completed,
dont forget to visit Saundra's blog
(Woodland Junction)

Also in other news.
Monday night I ended up in the ER.
My head ached all day...which was really odd,
since I thought my head was getting better.
Well one of our friends on Sunday
told me that some folks get a brain bleed
after hitting their head.
All day working, I thought about that 
and later in the evening,
Bob and I trekked up to the hospital.
Its about an hour ride one way.
Once inside I was the 4th person there.
They took my vitals,
blood and added an IV, in the event
they needed to in case of a brain bleed.
This scared me.
Well after the cat scan, which was like 
going into  a space tube. LOL
I bruised a nerve in my head.
It could take up to 3 months to heal.
Thankfully no brain bleed.
However was discovered I am getting 
arthritis in my neck. 
The doctor said it comes with old age.
5 hours later we were home,
and the ER was packed when I left.
Folks were even on gurneys outside every room.

In better news,
we finally got our new sign
for our antique store.


WOOHOO!
I love the dark blue background.
We had been waiting 6 weeks for this.


This was our sad old one 
after being taken down.
After 12 years of proudly bearing our name,
it had way too much water damage to it.
Some folks thought we had a fire,
however it was just water that had seeped in.
Plus the sun beating down all
those years does not help either.

Yesterday Bob brought home some Paczki's.


So if you are still reading this long post,
 Paczki's are Polish filled donuts.
Growing up it was a tradition
to have these the day before Lent.
Gramma B would make these for us.
Only hers were half the size.
She also only made prune and custard.
Now they come in so many flavors.
As you can see two were already missing.
We ate the 2 Cannoli ones first.
Left are Blueberry and Strawberry.
If you ever get the chance to eat one
of these, most bakeries only offer them
the week before Lent starts.
Tradition is that you fill your belly
upon these the day before Lent begins,
as you fasted the first day of Lent.
It is such a treat for us each year!

Easter Cookie Blessings To All!
Janice

 
















 


 





27 comments:

  1. I love that you know about the Paczki tradition and shared it today.
    I LOVE that cookie of the bunny butt.. so cute.
    Your sign is fantastic.

    Sending Get Well Wishes, my son hit his head hard years back and we had to do the same thing, it is scary.
    Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I think that bunny butt cookie look the most real in person. Ouch I know how your son felt. Janice

      Delete
  2. Mmm! Paczki's! Love them. I have lived near south Milwaukee most of my life which has a huge polish population so Paczkis are a big, big deal on Fat Tuesday. Yum, yum. I am glad to hear you didn't have a brain bleed, but definitely scary stuff. Your new sign looks terrific and a wonderful replacement for the sign that served well for many years. Your cookies are adorable. I can see why they were such a hit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Paczki's are the best. My gramma made hers much smaller than those sold in the bakeries now. Yes lets hope this new sign out lives the old one. The cookies were so fun to make! Janice

      Delete
  3. So happy you are well and glad you did go check it out despite the long drive and wait. Congrats on your cookie sale and achievement on the rabbit rug.
    I've never had Paczki's but have had cannoli's which I find too sweet for my taste..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! Still plugging away at the rabbit rug, but am loving the progress made thus far. Janice

      Delete
  4. The bunny butt cookies are too cute. The carrot cookies look like a combination of a carrot and a cross...lol!
    Rug sure is looking good.
    Happy you had your head looked at. One can't be too careful. I never heard of bruising a nerve in your head.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now that you mention the cross, I had to go back and look and it does. Never knew there was a nerve in my brain either. Guess it starts near the spine and ends near the lobe...right where I hit my head. Go figure. Janice

      Delete
  5. Oh my goodness you were lucky you didn't have a brain bleed ! 5 hours in the Er isn't too bad for where I live , I waited 8 hours ten years ago !!! It's just terrible to wait so long , when you feel terrible .
    Love your cute cookies !!
    Your Bunnies are coming along cute too !!! I have been busy out lining my bunnies today with # 3 cut ,UGH , took forever !!!
    They sell Paczki's here , but I have never had one !
    Your new sign is Great !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was lucky no brain bleed. Was worried when they put the IV in, but told me it was just precautionary. Since we dont live in a big city, the hospital wait time is a bit shorter than most. Cannot wait to see your rabbit progress! Janice

      Delete
  6. The Paczki's looks so tasty.

    I'm glad that you didn't had a brain bleed. It happened to one of our church greeter a few weeks back. The man who plowed her driveway after a big storm, found her and he said that she had a lot of caked up blood in the back of her ear and she didn't make sense. An ambulance was called and she was diagnosed with brain bleed.

    To make a long story short, she now needs 24 hour care, and can not even feed herself and does not recognize her own sister. She lived alone and no one knows how long she was out.

    I'm all for no calorie bunny butts cookies and the bunny rug is looking good and I like the green grass.
    I love your new sign too.

    We woke up to about 8 inches of snow this morning. March came in like a lion.

    Take care,
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Julia. So sorry to hear about that woman you knew. Yes those cookies turned out so good and were fun to make. Am already thinking of some Halloween ones. We are under a high wind warning now. UGH Janice

      Delete
  7. Oh those pastries look so good. We do not have any bakeries in our area. and your "cookies" are darling Sorry you have a bruised nerve but so glad it wasn't worse.
    love your new sign
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the paczki's were so good! We hope the new sign will last longer than the old one. Thanks for your sweet comments. Janice

      Delete
  8. Your bunny butt cookies are too cute...I'd like them in the edible form LOL. And Packzis... Yum! i was introduced to them a few years back...but was spoiled by having my first one from an amazing bakery that specialized in them...so none since have compared. Scary stuff with the brain. I'm amazed they can actually see a bruised nerve on a scan. Yet we can't figure out that paper masks don't keep out a virus. Hmmm. Your bunny rug is coming along swimmingly...gonna have to hop over to Saundra's blog to see the rest. Love the new sign!! Yes, the old one does look like it burned. Yikes! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry I am not that good of a pastry baker to make real cookie look that good. LOL I was spoiled having my gramma make them, so its hard for me too. Yeah I was amazed they noticed the bruised nerve and the arthritis. Love all of the bunnies posted on Saundra's blog. Janice

      Delete
  9. Creative cookies- I can see why they are selling. I’m glad to hear your head is going to be ok- I’ve never heard of that issue. Woah. Scary though. Our average emerg waits are 6+ hours. Awful. Once I waited 10 hours for my daughter to be seen. Anyway, the pastries look divine!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes it was a bit scary...especially since I went into the ER a week after hitting my head. ER's are not a fun place to wait...especially because it seems like it takes forever. Janice

      Delete
  10. My friend Jan was telling me that prune and custard were the most traditional of the Paczki flavors! Yes, now they are everything. I'm so sorry about your head and very glad you had it checked out. It sounds like good news, all things considered (Rick has had the brain bleed in the past; you don't want one). Still, sounds like you may have challenges till it heals with headaches. I hope not. The new sign looks fabulous and I'm loving the bunny-butt "cookies" and your fabulous dancing rabbits! You take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes prune and custard were the traditional flavors and they were much smaller too. Oh know, so glad Rick was fine after having brain bleed. Hope you will not be affected by the high winds coming like we are. Janice

      Delete
  11. Oh my, a trip to the ER is always an hours long "adventure"... hope you're resting and feeling better. Feet up, eat paczkis, sip tea; repeat. The "cookies" are adorable and love the new sign! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes feeling much better Mary! Love your way of eating Paczki's! Janice

      Delete
  12. The cookies are adorable and look very tasty. Your rug is looking wonderful too. Congrats on the new shop sign. Hoping you feel better very soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Sandra! Yes it was best I had my head checked out. The paczki's are a wonderful Polish donut. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yes wish the cookies were edible. Am feeling much better, thank you. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.