Saturday, March 5, 2022

A Spring In My Step


 Tomorrow's temp is going to be in the 60's.
The bad thing is more snow on Monday.
Tonight we are under a high wind warning.
Am ready for a Spring in my step.
 March here in Michigan,
is what I call the rollercoaster month.
The temps go up and down, up and down.

So I decided to start changing UP a bit for Spring.



Keeping things simple this year.


Just a bit of flowers 


plus this green fig plant adds a bit of interest.
The blues and wood meld together
with the white pitcher of flowers
 adding just a tad pop of color.



I enjoy having things a bit
bare for this season.
It rejuvenates me from having
so much Christmas decor out. 
Just like Spring rejuvenates in Nature.
Giving new energy to sprout 
buds on trees and flowers.
With me starting Spring decor simple,
 gradually sets in motion for the
other seasons to reach maturity.


Now for an update on my rug.
The flower is white with the inside a dark blue.
They remind me of Osteospermums 
that I buy for my yard. They are an annual flower.


For my final dancing rabbit,
I chose this brown wool plaid
with blues, creams and browns.


I was able to hook at the store yesterday
in between customers.
However I could not finish my last rabbit
as I forgot my white wool
 at home for the bunny butt.
 

It was nice having folks ask me what I was doing.
This is my progress thus far.

Well since we are now under a wind warning,
 I am going to post this tonight
just in case we lose power in the morning.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Bring On Spring Blessings To All!
Janice










  


 





22 comments:

  1. We are the same in March Tuesday and Wednesday this week we got snow and it's been cold now we are in for rain and you know what kind of mess that will make.
    your bunnies are coming along.
    Cathy
    Cahty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cathy. Rain snow sleet and sun thus far. Janice

      Delete
  2. And those white bunny butts are cute as the dickens. Am glad people are inquiring what you are doing, perhaps that will be something else you can add to your inventory ~ seasonal hooked items or just everyday hooked mats. Your bunnies are looking great. And that hooked flower on the wall catches my attention every time I see it in a photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do create some hooked items. Right now I have carrots in the store. The flower in my wall was a rug I just drew myself and hooked. Janice

      Delete
  3. Oh, forgot to high winds here too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep and hopefully no more trees were knocked down by you. Janice

      Delete
  4. Bunny rug is looking good. Love the bunny butt.
    High winds in northern Ohio, too, until late this afternoon. The older I get, the more the winds frighten me...sigh.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lauren. When I first saw the pattern when you did it, I knew if I hooked it they would have butts...well just two anyway. The winds frighten me too. Janice

      Delete
  5. The bunny rug is just darling! I always love to see how you decorate and display things. So very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love simple...that's what I'm doing now, trying to keep the prim look, but paring down a bit of what can look like clutter. Your look is perfect, and those bunnies, LOVE the colors. You mentioned you make your own worms...is that cutting strips from the fabric, I'm guessing there's more to it than I think. Such talent! Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the older I get, the more simpler I want to be. The worms are the wool strips that I cut into strips. Janice

      Delete
  7. I like the simpler decor too especially now that I'm getting older. Using plants in decor is always effective to tie things together or to add balance.

    Whatever weather Cathy from Acorn Hallow gets, we normally get it the next day.

    Happy Sunday.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well hopefully you did not get any bad weather. Janice

      Delete
  8. When I used to REALLY decorate for Christmas, I was always amazed at how bleak and sparse things were when the holiday hoopla was all taken down. While it is refreshing and clean, I agree that a pop of green or spring flowers brings things to life again. March is being March here too...We've had ice storms the past two days/nights...I hope something melts soon as I need to get out for groceries. Last night we actually had thunder and lightening to go with the ice. Eeek. Loving your bunny butts! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I experienced thunder and lightning in a snowstorm once. It really freaked me out at the time. Really weird. Janice

      Delete
  9. This has been the best weekend weather wise. 70's both days. We did have rain in the middle of the night but it's been lovely today. However, March being March, cold and snow this coming week. Oh well, I know we'll get through this! Your bunnies are so cute! I love that color blue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were in the 60's on Saturday morning and by the afternoon it was back in the 30's. Janice

      Delete
  10. Yes very anxious to have Spring come and stay. It is nice hearing the birds again. Wish you and all of my blogging friends could come visit. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your rug is lovely!

    I liked the peek of spring. :-)

    March Madness .. is what our weather is for sure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carla! Looking forward to the real Spring to happen. Janice

      Delete
  12. Janice, I love your hooked bunnies. I wish I knew how to do that. Maybe after I perfect my water colors I will learn to do that. HAHA! I love your bit of spring. Doing less sounds really good to me and I think I'll try that when I get started..Happy Tuesday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have always wanted to do watercolors and quilting. Just no time to try either. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.