Monday, May 14, 2018

Patriotic Hooked Rug


Spring is finally here...but my mind is already
thinking about July 4th.


My drawing for this one.
I had originally thought of doing this one
as a circular chair pad....
but changed my mind.


Drawn onto linen,
this rug will only be 12 x 14



Colorful wooly worms cut
into 1/4 inch strips.
The golds on the left look more like limey green here.
The black looks gray, while the gray at the top right
looks green...what the heck camera???



This is the true color of the golds, black and gray.
I am so loving this little rug.
Also enjoy working on it with the windows open.

~Fast forward a week~

Our family likes to celebrate Mother's Day
on Saturday....and I think lately others are doing the same.
Restaurants were packed.

Bob and I went to breakfast for Mother's Day.
Then we went back to the store to bag up popcorn
my sister made and gave to us Saturday night.

I love her popcorn as it is kernel free...
and did I say addictive.
We were very good and did not eat one piece.

My daughter surprised me with a huge card.
My son gave me a funny card, a yummy candle,
and a bottle of Coca Cola.
Sometimes I just have to have my soda fix. LOL



Then in the afternoon I finished laundry, 
watched some of my taped tv shows,
while hooking more of my latest rug.

I am loving how this one is turning out!
However I would like 
to do a special finish to the edge.
I have an idea in my brain,
but would also love
suggestions from my hooking friends. 

Well Monday is here and it's off to work I go.

Patriotic Hooked Rug Blessings To All!
Janice



10 comments:

  1. Very cool. I would never have thought of doing my own drawing for this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sandi! I am loving this one...even though I have drawn out my others too. Janice

      Delete
  2. I like your drawing and color choice. sounds like a good mother's day
    cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cathy! Yes it was a good weekend. Hope you had a great one too! Janice

      Delete
  3. Glad you had such a fun weekend! This new rug is going to be very nice!! I love the pattern and with the bright flag in the background, the colors are going to pop and be gorgeous!! Can't wait to see it all done. This weekend I also got busy with getting some Americana items together. I like to have everything up by Memorial Day weekend which is just in two weeks. Summer is on it's way!! Have a nice week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I did Winnie. I am really loving this new rug. The colors I chose were just right. I am afraid my patriotic decor is going to have to be delayed...too much going on right now. Janice

      Delete
  4. This is turning out very gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun pattern! I love patriotic rugs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren! I am loving my latest drawing...so fun to do this one. Janice

      Delete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.