Wednesday, April 4, 2018

Crockery


Good evening sweet friends.
It's been a whirlwind of weather these past few days.
Heavy rain.
Thunderstorms last night.
Snow today.
Mother Nature sure is mad at us here in Michigan.

Tonight I wanted to show you my love
of crockery.
AKA stoneware.


I have quite a few around the house.


On bucket benches.


Even  a few lamps.


More on another bucket bench.


However I have never came across this one before.


A great little water crock with a bird,
and a leather handle.
It is marked Red Wing on the back.
Red Wing Pottery was established in 1861
in Red Wing, Minnesota until 1936.
I cannot find anything on this little piece
of crockery, but love it anyhow.

Do you happen to know any information
that would help me on this?

Have you seen a piece like this before?

I do not plan on selling this,
and will add it to my collection.

In other news,
Bob and I have been working on the store
every night pricing candy this week.
Even though we just finished pricing it all tonight,
 we have already been selling each day now.
Our advertising goes out in May.
I still have to add our logo 
to the mirror and outside window.
Wait until you see what I drew for our logo.
Will show more pics once completed.

Tomorrow night we will be decorating
our window display for 
Mother's Day.
It will be a non conventional
black and white theme...
but I think it will look nice.
Fingers crossed.

Hope you all are having a great week!

Crockery Blessings To All!
Janice






6 comments:

  1. great crocks I have a few that i use for potatoes and onions.
    we are cold and snow is in the forecast I am looking for spring where ever it may be.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been collecting Red Wing for 30 years, I've never seen that! Sometimes the Red Wing Collector's society has small commemorative pieces they give to members, but I don't know for sure...just a thought. I've been to Red Wing and they have a museum where every pattern they made along with the year is available for reference. Maybe send a picture there. Love the bucket benches too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some great stoneware crockery, Janice! Have a great day, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. I, too, have a love affair with crocks. Yours are magnificent. I've never seen a little water crock, either. Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your collection is so beautiful. My dear neighbors in Des Moines collected red wing and taught me as a young person about glass and pottery.
    Google red wing canteen. Lots to look at hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice,
    Your stoneware collection is beautiful!! I love crocks and have a number of them as well, and especially love the dark brown ones!! Great bucket benches, too!! I have no idea about your little water jug, but it sure is darling!! Lots of good suggestions from everyone about finding more info!! Good luck!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.