Thursday, April 26, 2018

A Tisket


A
 TASKET
I would like to show you my new
BASKET

Bob says I am a basket case alright. LOL
I am sort of obsessed with them.
I really am.

Hello
My name is Janice
I am a basket addict....
especially when it comes to splint ones;
and this is my latest one.
I purchased this from Ruth.
Thanks Ruth...I love it!


The handles make it even more special.


I decided to place it on its side inside one of my
other addictions....boxes.
Oh heck, my whole house is an addiction. 
A wonderful prim addiction!


Inside I added one of my
black dollies.
This one was purchased from my friend Dawn
at Holly Hills Primitives.
Next to her is a doll I made from a 
Black Cat Primitives pattern.
I cannot remember whom I purchased
 the bunny pillow from.
{if it looks familiar to anyone, please let me know}


This little display is on our drysink.
Notice the wire rack with the lye soap.
I bought this from a dealer who is from Pennsylvania.
So again if this looks familiar to anyone, 
please let me know.

The little area to the left is where the kitties 
like to look out the window.
I have to give them some space. :-)

Speaking of kitties...
So the other day we had a mouse in the house.
Usually in the Fall we have one come in,
so it was quite unusual to have one this time of year.
In the middle of the night I hear Shadow growling.
I get out of bed to investigate.
Shadow was in the kitchen 
trying his best to get that mouse.
Finally that mouse decided to make a run for it.
It ran out of the cupboard and ran towards me.
Now I am not afraid of mice...but it did startle me.
I jumped and Shadow jumped.
Then instead of the mouse running away,
he stands on his two hind feet, with ears wide out
to the side of his body. He was moving his front
feet like a boxer ready to fight
while making the weirdest noise.
Shadow did not know what to do. 
He looked at me as if to ask me
"Mom what do I do now?"
However as soon as he turned to look at me, 
that mouse ran into the living room.
Not sure what happened to him...
but hopefully he left the same way he came in.

That mouse sure did remind me of 
the Tom and Jerry cartoon...
when Jerry would stand on his hind legs
and try to fight Tom. LOL

I hope I did not bore you with my short story...
but afterwards it did remind me of that cartoon.

Well off to work...and hopefully no more mice
until the Fall.

Basket Friend Blessings To All!
Janice





19 comments:

  1. Love that basket I have quite a few myself I use for my wool for rug hooking
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great display idea for that basket! I really like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh what a wonderful basket its great on its side with the dollies LIKE that a mouse would stand and get ready to defend himself Oh to be a fly on the wall to see that have a great weekend
    linda m

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a sight for sure with the mouse. Never seen that before. Thanks for stopping by. Janice

      Delete
  4. This is a real life Tom and Jerry.. I throughly enjoyed your story..

    ReplyDelete
  5. we had a tom and jerry moment years a go a mouse was eating out of the cat dish the cat just stood and looked at him mousr went up on hind legs and squeked very loud cat backed off and mouse ran.this is the same nutered male that nursed our new kitten untill he was4 yrs old

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes I did not know mice would eat cat food. Have not seen is since, so hopefully it learned not to come in our house. Janice

      Delete
  6. That's one feisty mouse, lol! Super cute basket - a definite beauty. Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweet basket.
    Oh, how I HATE mice!!! I find them disgusting leaving mouse turds everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont like them in the house. Now Bob says we have one in the store. He set out a trap for it. Janice

      Delete
  8. Beautiful basket! That's funny about the mouse.
    We get them in our house in the fall/winter also. Try as I may, I can never figure out how they are getting in. I'm thinking that our new little dog will keep them away.. she is already a hunter. The big guys could care less.

    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dont know how they come in either, but I do know they can get though even a bird cage, because I once put on inside. He wriggled his way out. Janice

      Delete
  9. Beautiful basket and a great story of you and Shadow tackling the visit of a mouse!! I hope it doesn't get someplace and create a problem for you. They sure can be a nuisance!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. WooHoo, my comment published after several weeks of refusing to!! Yay!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOOHOO Winnie! I sur have missed your comments. Yes it was a funny sight..especially Shadow looking at me the way he did. Janice

      Delete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.