Tuesday, April 17, 2018

April CupboardScape


Spring is still not here yet in Michigan.
Is it Global warming?
All I know is it was freezing rain again
when I got home last night...
and now more snow outside this morning.
Y U C K

It will probably turn to Summer before Spring begins.

This month's CupboardScape I feature 
a few of my boxes.
I so love the graphics of these beauties,
although they were only used for
 their company's logo at the time.


I purchased this star box at the Holly show.
The one below I purchased well over 15 years ago.
I still love it!


This Ben Franklin sugar box is a recent purchase.
One of our vendors in our store had this one for sale.
Had to buy it.


Of course I had to bring back my chocolate box
for this CupboardScape.
This gloss box holds my DMC floss....
so I know right where to look for it.


The egg crate is also made from wood and while
not exactly a box, I consider it one.
The wood box to the right could be used for long
clay pipes, but I like to use it for flowers and other stuff.


I also have a massive coffee box that is used
to hold our Christmas tree.
The rest of the year it resides on top of our cabinet.


I just love wood boxes!



If you noticed I placed one of my breadboards
in between these bottom boxes.

Unfortunately I do not have any more room 
for any other large ones...
but there might be room for a few more small ones.
{A BIG SMILE}

Hope everyone has a great day!
I am off to trudge through the snow once again.

Oh yeah before I forget,
when I took Ace to the vet...



Dr Robyn says he is getting chubby.
18 1/2 pounds he weighs.
Bob now calls him our
FAT BOY.
So now we chase him around the house.
Hopefully he will lose weight this way.
I really do not want to give him less food...
then both he and Shadow will both be mad at me.

Tuesday Blessings To All!
Janice 

16 comments:

  1. I have a few wooden crates I use daily, one is a chocolate crate that we put a hinged top on for an storage end table.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love wood boxes too. You have a great collection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those wooden crates are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Krishna! Have not seen any posts from you in a bit. Hope everything is alright. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love those old crates too! Sometimes I will play hide and seek with my cat, believe it or not, he tries to find me, it's funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice! I have loved old boxes for years - there's just something about them that speaks to me. You have a fabulous assortment. Have a wonderful Wednesday! Jane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jane. Would love to see your boxes too! Janice

      Delete
  7. Good Morning Janice from my home in FLorida! It feels so good to be back home from our trip. There is nothing better than Home Sweet Home!! Your wonderful collection of old boxes in your home are great examples of businesses of the past. It is difficult to find them in good condition too. Yours look to be in very good shape which is a huge benefit.

    Hehehe, Ace is a member of the clean plate club too!! All of the Nielsen pets have been members too!! LOL! He is quite precious with that pose as well. I know how hard it is to not give in to their food demands. Those kitties just win our hearts. I have found that there are new formulas for older over weight kitties that seems to help and they definitely like the taste. Maybe see what he thinks of that sort of change? But Kittie can be very particular and I know all too well that sometimes they insist on no changes in the diet. Good luck and give him a big sctitch behind the ears for me. He is so darn cute in that photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you made it home safe from your trip. I know when we go on trips it is always nice to get back home. Yes Ace is part of the Clean Plate Club. LOL Unfortunately I cannot change his diet as he has to have special kind that is prescription only. Thanks for stopping by as usually and leaving such sweet comment! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. All those boxes have their own story, wouldn't we love to hear them..My cat Walker is getting fat too, maybe it is because he has not been able to sneak outside and get some exercise. I was looking through my old garden journals and last year was also cold and wet and I hardly got anything growing until the fourth of July. I do have some dafs I could do a shoe if I had one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I wish the boxes could tell there story. Hope your Walker kitty does not get like Ace...so wishing for Spring. Janice

      Delete
  10. I'd say Ace is a bit chubby. He weighs about the same as Ernestine and she is on a diet :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my...he must be chubbier than I realized if he is as big as Ernstine. Hope her diet is going good for her. Janice

      Delete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.