Sunday, April 8, 2018

Celebrate Mom


Weekend Blessings to all!
We had a bit more snow at the end of last week.
Bob and I spent several hours each evening working
on the store and the pricing out candy.
We decided for the next few months 
to have our window display feature both mom and dad.


Today I will show off our Mother's Day tribute.
Celebrate Mom!


We have a few vintage candy jars 
in the window and more inside at our
Candy Jar counter.
If you purchase a jar, we will fill it for free
 with our bulk candy. Your choice.
We thought it would make a great gift for mom.


Instead of using traditional red or pink 
for our mom display,
I went with a non traditional black and white theme. 


All of the furniture in this window is either 
black or white.


Accessories also the same, with a bit of wood.


Yesterday was the first day our customers saw this,
and it was well received.



Lots of ladies love these colors together.



I still prefer my prim colors,
but with the store we have to think outside the box.


I think we did a good job with this one.



Something for all.

Thank you for all of the suggestions regarding
my newest water jug crock.
I will be researching more with your ideas.

Today I am making a roast chicken with
mashed potatoes and corn
with homemade rolls my mom made.
Whilst I wash clothes and work on my kitty rug.

What will you be doing today?

Celebrating Mom Blessings To All!

9 comments:

  1. Looks great. I love your sheep tavern sigh!
    Today...already ran errands, working on stuff for the hook ins where I am vending. Funeral home this eve :(
    Happy Sunday to you,
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren. If that sign would have fit in my house, it would not have been for sale. Janice

      Delete
  2. lots of work just got home from a hook in getting caught up on laundry and took a walk with my husband.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your new candy store display looks quite nice, and I am pleased to hear that it was so well received! That must feel wonderful after many months of planning and work. Right now with Winter still hanging on , a new candy shop and ideas for Mother’s Day is a great idea.

    It has been quite chilly here in Italy where I thought it would have been warmer. We are enjoying lots of history and coasting along the country in the beautiful Adriatic Sea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Winnie! It is so hard not eating the candy each day I am at the store. LOL Hope you are having a great time in Italy! Janice

      Delete
  4. Your store looks wonderful! How great to feature Mom and Dad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love doing the window displays. Janice

      Delete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.