Tuesday, October 1, 2024

October CupboardScape


I cannot believe it is October already.
Am super excited about this post.
You will see why at the end.
 

I just love Autumn and Halloween,
 and all that goes into it.
Apple pie, Apple Cider...
APPLE APPLE APPLE


Then there is pumpkin everything!
Pumpkin Rolls, Pumpkin Pie, Pumpkin Iced Capps,
Pumpkin Muffins...well you get my drift.


My favorite time for baking.


My favorite time for burning candles
and the sweet scents of Autumn.


Like Yaya, I love witches.


I bring out all of my drieds.


My decor is much more muted
with just pops of oranges, 
golds and browns in some areas...
even blue and gray this year.


I finally finished block 12 of
Halloween At Hawk Run Hollow.
YAY
This block was entirely stitched.
No open areas anywhere.
I wont lie, but I was getting tired of stitching brown.
Started this piece on October 27, 2023.
I finally finished on September 28, 2024.
Yes almost a full year stitching on this.


Since I wont be getting this baby framed
any time soon,
I thought it would look great being featured
in my October CupboardScape.


I am super proud of myself
for plugging away.
Getting a block completed each month.
Some months I was not into it at all....
like the under water one & the swamp one.
I even changed up the scarecrow one
and changed some of the orange pumpkins
into black and added in a black jack-o-lantern.
Like the Energizer bunny,
 I kept going...and going and going.
It will be framed for next year.
Definitely will be under glass.
Speaking of framing,
I actually go to Hobby Lobby Robin.
The ladies there have been lacing for years.
They are very experienced and I am happy
with my projects thus that I have taken there.
Plus if I am not happy,
they will correct to my liking.
In fact with my last one there was one motif
that was crooked.
Debbie took it out of the frame and adjusted it
while I was watching her until I was pleased,
then put it back in the frame again.

Well that's it for
Halloween At Hawk Run Hollow.
Thank you everyone who followed along with me
on my progress. 
I truly believe it was all of your wonderful
comments which encouraged me to keep
on going month to month.
Otherwise it may have ended up in a closet,
collecting dust....

Hope everyone enjoys their October season.
Let me know what you like about this month.

In other news,
both Bob and I are feeling better.
Thank you for the well wishes.

Please pray for those who lost their lives 
from that devastating Hurricane Helene.
My sister and BIL flew into North Carolina
via Charlotte the afternoon it hit that state.
She was going to her granddaughter's 
birthday party just an hour east of Ashland.
My sister had never been in a hurricane before.
Neither have I for that matter.
She said the winds were scary that night.
Thankfully my nephew lives in the valley.
No flooding. Just lost power for a bit.

Yesterday was my mom's 90th birthday.
Fortunately I was at work when the Verizon
power outage happened and was able
to call her from my work phone.
I was lost without my phone, & thankful I did
not need it on my drive home. 
It finally came back late in the afternoon.

Well speaking of work, Have to get
 ready and drive in. 

Hawk Run Hollow Blessings To All!
Janice




3 comments:

  1. Yay you for completing the Halloween piece. It is awesome. I'm glad y'all are feeling better. COVID is no fun. it's in the schools right now, so hopefully I don't pick it up from the grands.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Congratulations on your awesome finish- a lot of work and good for you keeping up with it for the finish. I am not always that good with projects like that.
    I do love October too-the deep blue skies and gorgeous fall leaves-not so much here on the lake though. I just looked at the weather and we will be in the 80's next 10 days or so-wow I kinda expected it since we had such a hot summer.
    Our birthdays are both in October-I turn 75 this month Yikes. I love all things apples and pumpkin too-I usually cut up an apple and dip it into caramel sauce for a treat.
    Have a good day at work

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is Gorgeous!! So happy you stuck with it!
    And we heard about all the sadness of the hurricane! Glad you got your phone service back and were unharmed! Scary for your sister and BIL!! I hope Granddaughter and family are all okay!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.