Thursday, October 17, 2024

Fall Is Taking Center Stage

Autumn is in full swing here in Michigan.
The days are definitely getting shorter.
The nights are getting colder.
Enough that we turned our furnace on now.
However not much in the way of a Fall color tour.
Maybe I took a cue from Mother Nature
with my decor in this room.
Rather than using yellows and oranges,
I chose gray, blue and browns.
Let's take a peek. 


In fact someone was peeking at me
when I took this pic.


Why are you taking my picture mom?
Right after my second picture he got up and left. LOL
Oh Tundra.


Let's continue.


Blues, gray and brown in my crocks.


More blue and gray.


This years color scheme was more calming to me.


All of the pumpkins were made by my
nephews wife Holly.


I simply love them.


Actually these pumpkins were my inspiration
for the color combo I did in our living room.
A much more un-traditional Autumn look.
They always say having a blue bedroom calms you.
Having blue in my decor here calmed me.
Stay tuned for part 2 of my un-traditional
Autumn decor.

Have you ever thought of doing other colors in
your Fall decorating?

In other news,
driving home the other night from work,
I saw the widest rainbow ever.
I was only a mile away from home driving 
along the river. 
There is no parking along the river road.
In some places the river is right up to the road.
This rainbow was so huge 
every color was vividly noticeable.
I was hoping to get home quick so I could take a pic,
but it was gone once I got home.

Last Saturday my granddaughter Mikayla
had her final homecoming as a senior.
She, her mom and brother missed my mom's
party because of this.
They will be heading to my mom's this Sunday
to take her out to dinner.
I am going to go up as well and spend the evening
once again with my mom. 

Bob has dinner ready so going to go eat.
He usually cooks for me Mon, Tue and Wed,
but is doing it today too!
Hope everyone enjoys their upcoming weekend.

Center Stage Blessings To All!
Janice


8 comments:

  1. As always your decor is lovely. Those pumpkins are really “in” this year. I’m seeing them all over in different colors. I wonder who determines this??? lol
    Wow nice that Bob cooks on those days for you. He must be a good cook. Love my husband but he’s a lousy cook - he does make pizza about once a week that is very tasty. He enjoys it and he is an excellent baker. He bakes good bread.

    Have fun with the family on Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your color scheme for your fall displays I agree very calming. the rainbow sounds super awesome
    Happy Friday and weekend coming up
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rainbow sounds awesome. I haven't seen one in years. The neighbors probably think I'm crazy when I'm out in the rain, but I'm looking for those elusive rainbows. I love your color combination. So very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that color scheme! I have some blue in a lot of rooms here, and I agree that it's calming.
    I absolutely love those pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry you missed the photo of the spectacular rainbow. And I also finally turned on the heat and hated to do it. Tomorrow the temps are supposed to be warmer so perhaps I'll turn off the heat and open the windows.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your blues are beautiful...and very calming.
    I broke down and turned the furnace on, too ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautifully restful. Love Holly's pumpkins! Heavens...I've had the heat on her for months already. The joys of living in Nod. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lucky you to walk in and have dinner ready.
    I like your colors. I tend to go to browns in the fall warm and cozy. I saw a rainbow over the mountain of fall colors. I didn't get my phone out in time.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.