Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Whippy Wednesday

Hello friends. 


Today I only have three WIP's to show.
First is my latest stitch for my Heritage wall.
I deleted a few of the rows of alphabets,
because I need to add my parents names.
their wedding date and church name.
I may even omit the two wreaths.
Will see once I get the top corner motifs stitched. 




The last I spoke about this stitch, 
I opted to go back to some of the ghosting.
I stitched back in the yellow, but not the white.



The second row of letters were a pain.
Lots of confetti stitching...
changing up the colors in each letter.



Once I got past that row, the next motif row
and alphabet row went by pretty fast.
Again no letter J's in this pattern.
Its a mighty big stitch too.



Left side



Right side.


The left motif is now finished.
Lots of confetti stitching here too.
This blue and brown border
will now go around the remaining design.
I wont stitch the whole border yet as I need
to make sure I get my parents names in before 
working on the church.
Then the name of the church will go below.
Then the rest of the border below.
Did I confuse you yet? LOL

With this sampler I am stitching out of
my comfort zone.
Am not a fan of pink, green or yellow...
and these colors are definitely in here.
I stitch on this every Saturday and Sunday 
when I am able to.


Next up is Penny Pumpkin.


This was my first day of stitching.
As you cans see I changed up the colors
of the pennys.


Also changed the colors of the berries.
Wanted them to be more like the colors of bittersweet.
then I opted to change the veining of the pumpkin.
Decided on doing mine in orange.


I worked on this for 5 straight evenings.
With my big Halloween project finally finished,
I have more free time each night.
This week working on another Halloween one.
One I want to finish this month if I can.


Last but not least.
Turkey Trot.


Last time I had almost completed 
the final turkey.
I do this one during my lunch break.


Turkey is well done. LOL
Even finished 2 of the 3 flower pots now.
Once again, I did change up the colors.
The pots themselves were 
suppose to be the white acorn color.
With the fabric I chose, they would not
have shown...which is why 
I had to outline the acorns.

Well that does it for what 
I have been working on recently.
I want to start a few more...will see what I choose.

In other news,
another hurricane is coming in.
My SIL is staying put and Bob is worried.
She lives inland but lives in a modular home.
Am told this may be the worst hurricane to hit
Florida in 100 years.
  Please say a wee prayers for everyone 
living in the path of what will be another
destructive hurricane.

Saturday is my mom's surprise birthday party.
We have over 50 family members attending.
Hopefully everyone will enjoy the limited
menu we picked out.
It will be nice visiting with everyone,
since many I have not seen in over 10 years. 

Have a wonderful rest of your week
my friends.

Mid Week Blessings To All!
Janice












 


6 comments:

  1. Good morning Your stitches are just amazing-I could never do this style of stitch work. thanks for sharing with us.
    Oh my she should really move out before this storm hits. I follow Benny Johnson a christian conservative and he moved his whole family and pets 9 hours away I think he said-Desantis urging everyone to leave to a safer place. Prayers for her and Florida
    happy mid week Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard for me to vision artwork like you do. I could never do that. You are amazing.
    I certainly am praying for Florida and all the areas that were hit last time. So sad.
    I hope your mom's birthday turns out to be a hit - I am sure it will.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoy your WIP's! I think Turkey Trot is one of my favorites.
    I hope the party goes well!
    Praying for Florida. My niece who lives there came back to MI, not knowing what her place will look like later. I know several people staying there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am always amazed at how much stitching you get done!!!
    Prayers for your sister-in-law. Milton is terrifying.
    Happy birthday to your mom!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your stitching is lovely.......you have very fast fingers! Hope our sister in law is safe with this Hurricane Milton heading in. Prayers for everyone who is suffering from Hurricane Helene. Happy birthday wishes for your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What??? Only 3 WIPs??? For shame! LMBO.... I am kidding of course. I'm mostly a monogamous stitcher and I still don't have a fraction of progress on even one as you manage on all the projects you juggle. I really love your color changes. The penny pumpkin design is one I wouldn't have considered stitching...until I see what you've done with it. I don't have that gift. I've been praying for those suffering the aftermath of Helene as well as for those in Milton's path. I hope your party goes off well - I'm sure it will. I had hoped to finally make it to a flea market (Dicky Bird's "Ringle Harvest Days") on Saturday but had a contractor reschedule so that won't be happening. So bummed. Enjoy your family time! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.