Friday, September 27, 2024

Friday Finish

I finally finished my third sampler
for my heritage wall.


This was the pattern by Blue Ribbon Designs
called Little Quakeresque.
I just added all of my
great grandfathers names & information
amongst the rows of motifs.
My maternal great grandfathers first,
then my paternal ones.

 

I chose this frame because I felt it 
somewhat mimicked
the motifs in the sampler.
Even the framer said this was a great choice.



Here it is up on my Heritage wall.


Then above it I hung the sampler I stitched
with mine and Bob's information.
Two up now. WOOHOO!


The first sampler I stitched is the one on the left.
It will stay here until I decide where to hang it.
The second one from the left is my Valentine stitch,
but I still kept it out because the colors looked pretty.


A little bit of Autumn tucked in...


...here and there.


My tribute rug to Peepers our cat watching over us.


A few dusktime pics.


Am loving my progress thus far.
My next one I am stitching is
 Laura Vorgensen, and it will be a long one.
Little Quakeresque took me 6 months,
and Laura is much bigger.
Much bigger.
Oh well...I knew this was not going to be 
an overnight process.
Will continue to stitch away.
At least I have something to show for now.

In other news,
Bob and I caught a bug from his aunt
who came in from Vegas.
We went and visited her and she gave it
to everyone who saw her.
UGH

Not much else going on.
Just still plugging away on the
last block of 
Halloween At Hawk Run Hollow.
This is a full coverage one...
and when I mean full coverage...
the entire block is stitched.
Will be glad to put this one to bed.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Any plans?

Heritage Blessings To All!
Janice 




4 comments:

  1. Your sampler corner is looking so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The grandfather tribute stitchery must have warmed your mother's heart and agree the frame is perfect! What a beautiful memorial for your Peepers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on another finish and it is so perfectly framed. Extra special with your personal family history. Wow, cross stitch on linen seems suited to you and your home decor.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That one lookks like it took a long while. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.