Sunday, December 17, 2023

The Big One

 Hello friends.
Today's post is our big homespun
Christmas tree..



I hooked all of mats. 


I had to have a bunny somewhere. LOL


Gingerbread ornaments and the
crocheted stockings I made.


Paper quails, corn cobs and
another blue house I hooked.



Silver and gold ornaments.





Lit up during the day.



Now for a couple of night pics.





Unfortunately I did not quite 
finish my cross stitch project.
I wanted to make this into an ornament,
to add to this tree.
Shooting for next year now.

In other news,
Carla asked me if I could take a pic 
of the waves along the lake.
All along the lake and marsh there is no parking.
I wish I could stop and take pics of both at times,
But alas I cannot. 

Saundra asked if those were pheasant feathers 
on the mantle and she is correct.

Debbie asked who the folks were in my paintings
from my last post.
I purchased these from Etsy.
I actually purchased the colonial gentlemen one.
Received the soldier.
The Etsy owner shipped the correct one 
while telling me to keep the wrong one shipped. 
I decided then to add them to the wall
along with my cross stitch.

Sandy left me the sweetest comment.
It is comments such as hers, that keeps me going.
At times I am so overwhelmed with
everything I have going on that I wonder
what day it is.
In fact I told Bob last night to set his phone
for me to get up for work this morning.
He reminded me it was only Saturday and that
I work the store tomorrow (today),
not my real job.  

Dinner with my family was nice even
though we missed having my sis and BIL there.
I had shrimp scampi which 
came with angel hair alfredo and fresh green beans.
Bob had lasagna.

Well going to make breakfast now.
Then leave to work the gift shop.
Bob will work our antique store. 

A Big Blessings To All!
Janice



10 comments:

  1. I love your homemade and hooked ornaments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning I love your tree's ornaments very much. You are very busy-hoping you can take a bit of a break soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots of wonderful handmade treasures adorning those branches. I'm sure they are not only treasured now but will be even more priceless in years to come when they pass through the generations. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All my homemade things will probably go on the ten cent table when my boys are dealing with my estate (hopefully not for a long, long time).

      Delete
  4. I love your little cross stitch. It will be a beautiful ornament next year.
    Your tree looks great, and it's always fun to see it at night.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many wonderful handmade ornaments. Treasures for sure.
    Sometimes I wonder if it is worth it to keep blogging, and then I will get an email or a comment that makes it all worthwhile. The best is when I am out and about and someone will ask if I am Rugs and Pugs and tell me they enjoy my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tree is perfect..., so old-fashioned and sweet. The handmade ornaments are just right; I don't know how you find the time to make them. And no worries about the cross stitch project, it will be a terrific project for the cold January evenings ahead, feet up, stitching, along with a cup of tea.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your tree and everything looks like it came out of a country primitive magazine! So nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for answering our questions, I always like that about your posts, I learn so much. :-)
    Love your tree, it is home sweet home.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your trees are so beautiful and so personal with te ornaments you have made. I really do love it. Have a great rest of the holiday week -- I hope you get a bit of a break and landmark sales at the shop. (Shrimp scampi sounds WONDERFUL!)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.