Thursday, December 21, 2023

Our New Keeping Room

 
Good morning friends.
Hope this post finds you well and ready
for Christmas.
Today I am showing off our new keeping room.
Back in the day keeping rooms were a room
that was near a kitchen which had a fireplace in it.
Since we now have a faux (electric) fireplace,
I thought it would be fitting to change the name
from our back room to our keeping room now.


I shopped our store and found this fruit tree.
One of our dealers had it in there booth and I purchased it.


This wall use to be our cabinet that had our tv in it.
By placing the couch on this wall now,
gives me more wall space... which as you can see
I have a blank slate for now.
As I figure out what to do, will show you.


Our cabinet to the right of the couch where
I tucked in more wool blankets to use
for those upcoming cold Winter nights.


More fruit and pantry boxes.


We kept the wall cabinet in it same spot.
I just forgot to add some Christmas to it.


This is my4ft antique feather tree.
Right now it just has candy canes on it.
Some day I would like to have it 
full of antique ornaments.


A recent Belsnickle Santa purchase. 
Not old, but still love him.


My horse on top with some orange
to go with the orange in our tree.


An old burlap rug to go with the yellows.


Some brown thrown in too.


Also kept the bucket bench in its same spot.


The fireplace.
(sorry for the dark pic)
Bob's beams on the ceiling.


He did 5 on the ceiling,
but was unable to complete this project.
Once the warm weather comes back,
he will add more wood all around the walls at the top.


Another blank wall.
Another small antique feather tree with a vintage Santa
and my leather deer.
More on what I plan for this wall in the new year.
As you can see though there are no bulbs in this light.
I turned on the ceiling light and three bulbs burned out.
Good thing I had these ones. LOL


A new look for this corner.


This is the corner by our side door.


I just moved this corner cabinet 
from one corner to here now.
More wall space for future ideas next year.


A lil Christmas display on top.


Tried to take a pic of Bob's wonderful beams.
The wood used is over 200 years old.
Once a floor in an old store in town, now a perfect
 addition to our home.

Well thats it for Christmas this year.
I did not go all out this year in the kitchen or bath.
Hope you enjoyed my Christmas home pics.

In other news,
A few months ago we were approached
by a buyer to sell the gift shop.
We took the offer and we close on the deal
sometime in January.
Since this person only wanted 
to purchase the building,
we will be moving the gift shop over to a portion
of our antique shop where it will become
a smaller version.
Bob has already started moving some inventory
to the attic in our antique store.
It will be a change...
but will also free up my weekends
to have more "Me Days".
I will just go in to change up displays
when needed to.
I will also still do the holiday themes.
More to come on the revamped looked.

This will be my last post
until sometime in January when I come back.
I want to wish everyone a very
Merry Christmas
and a 
Happy New Year!

I will be hooking, stitching, and sewing...
and looking forward to it!

Thank you all for your support with my blog.
Without you, I would not have met as many friends
as I have throughout these years.
I hope to meet many more.

Happy Holidays Blessings To All.
Janice











18 comments:

  1. Keeping room sounds so much better than the back room...lol!
    Oh, those blank walls. What fun you will have filling them. LOVE your antique feather trees!!!
    Praying that all goes smoothly with the gift shop sale!!!
    Merry, merry Christmas to you and Bob.
    Health and happiness in the New Year.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merriest of Christmas wishes Janice - and to Bob as well. Although I've missed a month and a half if not more of posts, I have enjoyed your Christmas decor and photos and watching your "keeping room" come together. It's beautiful and I am sure you will get a lot of use of it. Congrats on the sale of the gift shop building - and downsizing your workload some. Happy New Year. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you ever seen this YouTube channel? https://youtube.com/@EarlyAmerican?si=7EvNr0C5v-dWcnJ7

    This couple live as they did in early America.

    Their other channel is early Frontier. https://youtube.com/@frontierpatriot?si=N6covyJ6JT55ldLk

    Thought you might enjoy a look see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Janice! Congrats on the sale of the building. I know you will enjoy the extra time it will give you. Your beams are really beautiful. Bob did a great job and I have no doubt you'll fill any empty wall space in the keeping room! All your Christmas decor is lovely and I'll look forward to seeing how you decorate the new gift shop space! Relax as this year ends and prayers for good health for you and Bob in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice refurbished room you and Bob created. Am looking forward to what fills that empty wall space. Love the gold prim Santa and the hooked round mat.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OOPS, forgot to wish you and Bob the Merriest of Christmases

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such talents both of you have...to dream up and create the wonderful displays and to install the beautiful old beams - what a team you make! Enjoy your time off...these long dark evenings are a perfect time to relax. It's been a joy to "meet" you through your blog and to be inspired by all that you do - thank you so much! Merry Christmas and here's to dreams for 2024. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have lots of beautiful pieces and displays. Congratulations on the sale of your shop. Nice you can downsize , and still have your shop . I hate to see nice shops close.
    Have a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy , Healthy New Year !!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Merry Christmas Janice! I'm so glad I found your blog oh so many years ago. Your posts are always a joy and an inspiration, and of course, you are as sweet & kind as can be. Bob's beams are beautiful and I love they are repurposed wood, made even more special because you know where they came from. Hooray for more "me" time - you guys have worked hard. Happy New Year! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your keeping room looks wonderful. A look back in time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Holidays to you and your family Janice!
    Your decor is super comfortable looking. The ceiling beans set everything of really well.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Merry Christmas I have really enjoyed your posts sounds like good changes going forward
    Happy New Year hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  13. Merry Christmas! Your home looks lovely and I love the keeping room idea.
    You will love having the extra time.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your keeping room looks lovely. You did a lot of decorating. I would love seeing it in person.

    Congratulations on selling your building. I hope that the change of having only one store to manage will be a big plus for both of you. Good luck in the new year. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to both of you.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  15. I enjoyed your photographs.

    Congratulations on the sale, sending you good wishes for Christmas and the New Year,

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely, positive post! I like it all, descriptions and photos .
    All good news: the keeping room decoration, the gift shop sale, the Me Time possibilities.
    Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Janice, the keeping room is really lovely. Bob did a wonderful job with the beams. I bet it looks beautiful, warm and inviting. Good for you cutting your work time down, there is nothing wrong with "me" time. Happy New Year..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hello Dear Janice, I love the room, Bob did an amazing job on the beams. The room is warm and says home sweet home. Please tell me more about the crutch in the corner.

    Congratulations on the sale. Here is to 2024!! xx oo Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.