Saturday, September 30, 2023

Pink Is The New Orange

Hello friends!
Now most of you know I have to order
both Halloween and Christmas items in January
for our Gift Store.
Perusing all of the wholesale catalogs along
with my gift shop magazine, I noticed
lots and lots of items in pink.
Little did I know back in January that the
Barbie movie would come out just before adding 
in my Fall and Halloween decor.
 

Am not a fan of pink,
but I need to attract everyone into the store,
which forces me to get me out of my comfort zone.
I even crocheted pink pumpkins.

.

I also created black pumpkins with pink noses.


Plus this pink ghost.
BOO


The candycorns were also done
 in white, pink and orange.



More orange and pink pumpkins.



Pink pumpkins with black noses.

I only did this small area of pink,
but it has been a hit.
Glad I forced myself to purchase
items in this color.
Did you add pink to your Halloween decor?
At home I did not.
Prim is not pink.

In other news,
today is my mom's birthday.
She is a young 89.
Am so thankful to still have her with us.
I spent the night with her last night.
I treated her to a birthday dinner and breakfast.
My dad died when I was 35,
30 years ago.
My mom was only 58 at the time.
She was never interested in meeting another man.

I took half a day off yesterday,
and she and I spent the afternoon travelling
around to all of the cemeteries where my
relatives are buried.
I am planning on taking on a big
challenge next year,
and I need all of my past relatives birthdates. 
More on that later on.

Bob's progress on our redo is coming along now.
He has one wall almost complete now.
This was a big undertaking that we decided to do...
and he is doing all of the work on the two days
off a week he has.

Pink Blessings To All!
Janice




14 comments:

  1. OMG, cannot believe Barbie invaded our traditional Halloween colors, lol. Not a fan of pink either but as a vendor/crafter/store owner think it was wise of you to incorporate that color in your offerings. Can't wait to learn how they do.
    Happy Birthday to your mom. Wow, hope I'm lucky enough to reach that age as I've lots of wool to use in rugs to hook.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though I do like pink I still prefer orange for pumpkins and Halloween.
    I don't decorate for the different holidays except for Christmas.
    Happy Birthday to your mom. :)
    It was my step-fathers birthday yesterday, he died in 2016. Yesterday he would have been 93.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo Saundra's comment on Barbie invading our traditional Halloween colors, lol. I'm not a a fan of pink although I have a brownish pink ceramic tiles floor in my sunroom which everyone somehow love, especially with green plants. I don't even own a single piece of pink clothing but I also agee that you have to please your customers.
    I wish you good sales.
    Happy Birthday to your Mom.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday to your Mom! My Mom passed 20 years ago, but would have been your moms age had she lived. My Dad passed in April at 92. Such a blessing to have our parents at that age.
    I'm not a fan of pink either, especially when I like certain colors for certain holidays... Stuck in a rut I guess! :)
    But - I think you were smart to think ahead and do a little pink, cause some people love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday to your dear Mom! I hope it was great. I sure miss my Mom. She became a widow at 50 and never remarried. The pink is so cute and I'm glad it was a hit. I did all my Halloween decorating last week and I have no pink! But I saw a pink gas oven in a kitchen on one of the HGTV shows and I loved it! I'll still take traditional orange and black for this holiday though!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to disagree about prim not being pink. It's the soft faded, dare I say dirty?, pink of worn fabrics and toys that have seen lots of action. I agree that it's not "Barbie pink" though.
    I'm glad the pink Halloween items have been selling for you. The jack-o-lantern in the last photo - adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Birthday to your mom. I am not a big pink fan and I have yet to see the movie maybe at some point I will. I like pink in clothes but not decorating.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happiest of birthdays to mom. You are so lucky to still have her in your life.
    Pink...no thank you. One of my least favorite colors along with purple...and sadly I have a huge bathroom that has pink plastic tile. UGH!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do love pink........and how lovely your pink pumpkins are! Never thought of a halloween in pink! How wonderful that you have your mom around you.......a happy birthday to her.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that pink pumpkin pillow! All of your pink Halloween creations are perfect! I never thought of pink for Halloween, but you have made it look like it works! Happy birthday to your mom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have a difficult time using pink even on Valentine's Day or Easter...but, to each their own. My dil-tobe has my grand surrounded in pink Halloween. 😳 Hope she switches gears in Halloweens to come. At least she has a lot of black worked in. My mom lost my dad when she was 44...and never dated once afterwards. Guess she had her hands more than full. In any event, happy birthday wishes to your mum. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely to have a mom to celebrate her birthday. That sounds lovely. And I enjoy all your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello,
    I like the pink pumpkin pillow... with a black cat, that goes well.
    Happy Birthday to your mom.. WOW.. what a special relationship you have!!
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yep, I am not a pink person either...I have such a hard time decorating for spring with all the pastels. But oh, those pink pumpkins would sway me...so so clever, the black nose one is just the right amount of prim and pink! It sounds like you may be doing a bit of genealogy...I haven't looked up mine in awhile, but it can be a wonderful wintertime activity...digging for all those stories and putting names to faces in pictures. Future generations will be so thankful. I use Family Search and Ancestry, but I keep in mind that some info many need tweaked/corrected. Hey, someone told me I'm related to King Arthur...hmmm, have the scholars even decided if he was real or just a legend?!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.