Wednesday, September 6, 2023

First Autumn Display 2023

Well folks I am in Autumn display
 mode or mood as some would say.
With September here now,
love bringing out my Autumn decor. 
I dont want to see Summer go,
but do love the colors of Fall.
Wish we could have Fall temps all year long.
Not too hot...not too cold.
Plus great bonfire weather.


Let's start with my fireplace display.


Hurricanes with hogscraper candlesticks
on each side, along with Ginger Beer
bottles and pheasant feathers.


A corn husk wreath.
Gosh I paid $20 for this one many years ago.
I saw one in a few antiques stores and now
much pricier.
Guess everything is going up.


This is a real taxidermy pheasant.


I love how the taxidermist created him.
Bob bought this to sell when we first
became antique dealers.
I kept it instead.


He sits on my new document box
with both green and yellow oaks leaves.
Faux of course.
There are a few left at the gift shop.
I kept these four.


For those that know color combinations know
that blues and yellows compliment one another.
So does blue and orange.


The antique coverlet piece 
on my blanket crane is two sided.
I chose to turn it over for the white background
and blue design.
The other side is the reverse colors.

Hope you liked my first display.
Are you starting to bring out your own Autumn decor?

In other news,
rain is moving in after a few hot hot days.
Hopefully it will cool things down.

First Autumn Display Blessings To All!
Janice


7 comments:

  1. We are having the hottest days of the summer now! Not my favorite weather. Your display is lovely but I can't get out of my own way to do anything
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only things I've put out is a couple items from the estate sale a few weeks ago. And that was more to get them off the cutting table than desire to decorate. It's Too Hot to go to the attic to haul the rest down. And the corn plants being brown and tree leaves turning color from drought don't put me in the mood to decorate the same as if it were simply that time of year.

    Your mantle display looks good! Good call on putting the coverlet blue-on-white side out. The pheasant stands out nicely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great first display! I love that document box to pieces. We had a week of unbearably hot weather - mid-90's - but today we are only in the 70's. A bit humid, but that too is to pass so cool temps just might be here to stay. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. My house is a disaster zone but close to being done. The painting turned into a bigger project than I thought but I'll be putting the Autumn display things out soon. I love decorating with the colors of this season. I'll post pics soon but I'm enjoying your home first! I struggle with knowing how to decorate my fireplace mantels but Autumn and Halloween make it easier. Rain today and cooler temps too. I'm over the hot and humid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's been a bit hot here too but I've been working inside. I like your fall pheasant theme. He looks pretty regal on his perch.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't put anything out for Fall yet. You are very talented! I think you need to drive across the state and work on mine. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I will decorate for Autumn at the end of the month. I think the pheasant is awesome and the display is lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.