Thursday, December 15, 2022

Dashing Through The Snow

 Hello friends.
Thank you all for the well wishes.
I am still fighting this cold,
however Bob's BP is coming down with the new meds.
Thank goodness.


Today's post is my version of a one horse sleigh ride.


Before I get to the main event.


the stocking was hung.


The ribbons were tied.


Garland and mittens hung with care.


With my horse in the lead
pulling this antique sled with tree.
Of course my bunnies had to hitch rides as well.


Another red and white quilt to add in here as well.


I have always wanted to ride in a one horse open sleigh.
I have taken many horse carriage rides,
but would love to take a snowy ride some day.
Just like in the movies.

Can you believe only 10 more days until Christmas?

I sure hope we get a bit of magical snow before then.

Dashing Through The Snow Blessings To All!
Janice




8 comments:

  1. I've ridden several horses on their backs but never in a sleigh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been in a one horse open sleigh but I've had the pleasure to go on long rides in a large sleigh dawned by a team of horses on a snowy road in the country. The sleigh was packed with people.

    Lovely decor and I love that little wooden horse.
    Speedy recovery.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the red accents there. Makes everything look so Christmassy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, I can't believe Christmas is in 10 days!!!
    No sleigh ride here, either ;-(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm OK with some snow but not until I get back home on Monday! Your decor is festive and so cute. I feel like December was on over drive and should get a speeding ticket! I'm ready except for a few gift cards and waiting on a gift for Jack that may or may not make it before Christmas. Oh well, I'll be ready no matter what!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Got snow...and MORE than willing to share. 10"?? With about 1# of ice underneath? And another 2" tonight?? Any takers??? Love your little vignette...the rabbits are a sweet add. And that sleigh!!! I've ridden in a 1-horse open sleigh...many times... It was one of my dad's joys. I have the sleigh still. I think I posted about it at some point, but mayhap not. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've got great taste, Janice! You've composed a Christmas symphony of shapes and colours which includes a horse, bunnies, hung stocking and mittens, tied ribbons, red-white quilt.
    Wishing you a happy, healthy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.