Monday, December 19, 2022

Be Our Guest

6 days and counting!
Today are pics from our guest bedroom.
The room where my mom stays when she comes down.
She will arrive in a few days to spend Christmas with us.
We will watch Christmas movies together,
while eating her Christmas cookies,
She is also bringing some cheeseballs where the church sells.
We love them and I already have the crackers.
 


















In other news,
the curtains in our back room were purchased
from a prim shop in Ohio.
They no longer sell these, but I was told
these are tobacco fabric curtains.
I have never been able to find this fabric
 in any quilt shop so not sure if that is really what they are.
It is a rod pocket. The bottom has a loop where you 
bring up the corner for that look.
These were originally purchased 
for my living room windows, however the first time
I washed them, they shrunk.
So they were moved to the back windows.

Guess it seem my Wisconsin friends are sending
Winter weather to us this week.
We might be getting a major snowstorm coming in.

Well off to work in my back room.
Enjoy your week my friends!

Be Our Guest Blessings To All!
Janice

9 comments:

  1. I scrolled down to the previous post to look at those curtains. They appear very thin, like a heavier cheese cloth or even a natural colored feed sack. Lots of antique goodies in the guest room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that horse way up. I have a thing for wooden horses but never purchased one. It sounds like you'll be ready for your mom's visit. We woke up to 6 inches of heavy snow. The kind to make snowmen. It's very pretty and white outside but no sun.

    Take care and enjoy your mom's visit and all the good stuff.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your guest room has so many sweet vignettes. So much to take in. Lucky you to still be spending Christmas with your mom.
    I think that same weather is heading to Ohio, too. Frigid cold is forecast for Christmas Eve and Day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The story of the curtains is interesting. Glad your mother is coming and I hope you have a great time. I have heard there is some very nasty weather coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Okay, it is WAY past time that a magazine discovered you and your home! I love the tobacco cloth curtains too, but they seem impossible to find these days. Glad I bought some when I did ages ago. Your mom will be so cozy...what a great room to settle in and relax; especially with the weather coming our way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Janice! Your guest room is so charming - I'll bet your mom just loves staying with you. I'll tell you, the timing of this nasty Midwest storm is awful. I know my WI friends & family are bracing for it and hoping everyone makes it to or from wherever they are going. Here in Northern Kentucky we are expecting a Christmas Day high of 16 - last year it was 66! Oh well, we do stand a chance at a little snow for Christmas which will be a treat. Enjoy your time with your precious mom! Merry Christmas! Jane

    ReplyDelete
  7. Janice, I have said it before but you have the most impressive collection of prims and I love them all. What a joy to have your mom come to stay and I imagine she loves "her" room..Merry Christmas to you..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    I love your tours. The guest room is full of Merry Christmas. Your mom will enjoy her special Merry Christmas room.
    We are bracing for a 2 day blizzard. We are to travel Friday to my parents farm. At this time I do not think we will make it. Praying that the weather is wrong and we are able to celebrate together.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I love this room best of all. Lucky Mom! How fun that you two have plans already. Yay for the crackers. I think you have spoiled me badly for I find myself more and more drawn to things that are as old as dirt. I thank you for that!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.