Friday, February 7, 2020

Our First Display


Hello my friends!
Well we did it.
Our first display for the
Blue Water Gift Shop. 


This blue spatterware vase made this display.
Trust me.
I originally ordered a gray urn....
well um...sometimes my plans dont go so well.
The urn was resin.
First mistake...not strong enough to hold everything
and started to tip over.
So I went over to our antique store and purchased 
this wonderful vase from one of our vendors. 


I then had Bob bring over these candy dishes 
that we were no longer utilizing.
7 0r 8 bags of it...cannot remember now.
All I know is it took me
 a few hours to put all of the taffy
by color in each dish.
The taffy in our other store is just in a
 large wood barrel all mixed together.
However I wanted to make a statement,
and decided to display our taffy this way. 
(blue taffy dish is behind the blue vase)


The next thing I added was this gigantic
bunny which is 6 feet tall.
He is a statement piece for sure.


Back to my table.
I cut branches from one of our shrubs
and added them to the blue vase.
Then I wired in prisms to the branches.
(sorry snowy day at time of this pic)


Next day was cloudy.
When the sun is out,
the prisms give off rainbows of light.
Right now it looks like raindrops 
coming off the branches.


Bob painted this round table 
the same blue as our cabinets.
Blue Water (Benjamin Moore)
{notice the green on top of the white cabinets}
Bob purchased some artificial grass
for our Spring Window displays.
This is my next project....
once I finish with inventory now.

Folks walking by have been stopping more,
and even walking in to find out what
we are doing.
We decided to put a flyer on the windows
and door now....but still folks come in.
I keep telling Bob we need to lock the front door.
But me thinks he likes folks stopping in.

So anyone in the area...
come on in.
Oh yeah, we actually had a sale yesterday.
A gentlemen came in and bought
a jar of jam which we just stocked.

Well friends....
back to work at the store.
Still have to order the specialty teas,
potpourri, honey...and more.

We also have a local lady coming in today
to give us samples of pretzels.
Looking forward to that.

Until next time,
Hope everyone enjoys their weekend!

First Display Blessings To All!
Janice 


18 comments:

  1. Wow, that big bunny definitely does make a statement and is quite impressive. The shop is really taking shape an think it is a good idea to have folks drop by to see the progress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is a showstopper for sure. Folks cannot see him unti they walk in, so it will be a surprise. Janice

      Delete
  2. That is beautiful display, congratulations on your new store!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Janice,
    LOVE your display and the BUNNY.........LOVE!!!!! Great idea for the taffy and the Urn is perfect!!! Who can resist candy????
    So happy for your good responses and wish you both much success in this new venture!!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch Julie! Already had folks wanting to purchase items...so that is a good thing! Janice

      Delete
  4. This has the look of SUCCESS!! Love the blue vase and that rabbit is the best! (I think his name is Harvey!) Looking forward to more pretties!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a bunch! Harvey is a great name for our bunny! Janice

      Delete
  5. Janice, that blue vase is just beautiful and I like what you have done to display the candy. That tall bunny is wonderful. What a fun time you must be having even though it sounds like a lot of hard work now. And a sale before the shop even opens! You are definitely ahead of the game. Wish I was close enough to visit..Happy Friday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes so glad Bob told me to go shop our own store for that vase. LOL It does look good. Hard work, but loving whay=t the outcome is thus g=far. Janice

      Delete
  6. I wouldn't be able to resist coming in either. I love your first display. The bunny really did steal the show!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much! It is hard work, but will be worth it in the end. Janice

      Delete
  7. Looks fantastic!!! You did a wonderful job!! I love that huge bunny. It sure makes a statement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. I hope to buy a life size santa when the time comes too! Janice

      Delete
  8. Thank you very much Sandra! Still working long hours at it...but it will all be worth it. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice information, valuable and excellent design, as share good stuff with good ideas and concepts, lots of great information and inspiration, both of which I need, thanks to offer such a helpful information,
    visit this website

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.