Tuesday, February 4, 2020

Getting My Love On


Thank you everyone for your sweet comments
for my aunt and godmother.
She will truly be missed in our family.
The funeral is not until next Monday,
as they are trying to get my cousin's son
to fly in who is serving in our military.


I managed to put out a few things
for Valentine's Sunday.
I did not work the new store that day.
Had to do laundry and clean up a bit.


I created this fun Cupid years ago,
and still enjoy putting him out yearly.


This prim doll is holding my version
of a Hershey kiss in her hand.


Placed on my Wood table riser.


On my kitchen table.
Just noticed it is off center.

Today I have a dentist appt.
then back to work at the new store.
More ordering and more decorating.

More folks are walking by....
peeking in the windows...and even stopping in.
We are getting positive feedback.
Only one person thus far complained
that we were copying another candy store in town.
The problem is this person had no idea 
we are just moving our candy counter 
from our other store to our new one,
 and that we will be much more
than a candy store.
Guess you cannot always please everyone.

Well have to get to work at the store,
before my appt.

Are you getting ready for Valentine's?

Getting My Love On Blessings To All!
Janice

10 comments:

  1. That is funny about the complainer! When you open the new store they will probably say you put the other store out of business...lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Lauren. The other candy store opened when we opened our antique store 10 years ago. Dont think he will go out of business, but is funny that someone would think that. Janice

      Delete
  2. It must be very exciting, getting a new store ready to launch ! I’ve enjoyed seeing it all come together.
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fun...but lots of hard work. It will be all worth it though. Janice

      Delete
  3. Love your pictures Janice. Best of luck with the new shop. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Janet. Hope your sister is doing alright. Prayers for her. Janice

      Delete
  4. So that one person thought you were copying yourself? Oh, that's very funny! Happy Valentine preps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yeah its amazing how folks dont know what is going on and make comments that make no sense. Just gotta laugh. Janice

      Delete
  5. I have my Valentine stuff up but yours is cuter! I'm sure your new place will be a hit and I bet those naysayers will be back and buy tons of stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Keeping our fingers crossed that it will be a hit. One never knows when purchasing home decor if someone will like it...and I have been purchasing items not primitive, so out of my comfort zone. However with my art, I at least can color plan. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.