Saturday, February 1, 2020

Blue Water Gift Shop

Good Happy Saturday my friends.
I hope the weekend finds you doing
what you choose to do.
Mine will be taking my FIL on our
weekly grocery shopping jaunt.
Then I will be headed to our new store
to work more long hours.
Each night after my own work,
Bob and I spend another 3 hours at the new store.


Speaking of new store,
this is the logo I designed for said store.
Blue Water Gift Shop.


These past 2 weeks,
Bob has been working tirelessly
on building cabinets to hold our goodies.
This is one half of the candy side.


This corner area will be for tea, honey,
coffee and kitchen related items,


Bob chose the color,
which by the way was called "Blue Water"
Here is the start of the drawers and cabinet doors
he also created.


I just love it against the gray walls.


This is our window area in the front.
Again my talented hubby made doors
for the cabinets...and shelves inside
to house goodies.
The white color I chose which was called
"Icicle White"


Bob moved our candy counter 
from our other store and painted it blue also.
Compliments the white candy shelves in back.
The other white cabinet next to the blue one
will be fore all of our pickled items and jams.
Some new items as well.


So I wanted tables in front of the counter.
We went to Hobby Lobby and looked at them.
They were too small to display anything.
Bob came up with this.
I love these smaller cabinets.
I can add my display on top,
while leaving more merchandise on the shelves.
My Bob missed his calling I think.


Then he surprised me with this behind our
checkout counter.
Yep.he made it all, including the little white one.

Bob needs to finish up painting.
Then the fun begins!
I took a 2 week vacation now,
so my job begins on decorating....
today though I need to do inventory,
but soon the fun will begin.

On a sad note,
my aunt passed early this morning.
Thank you all for the prayers.
It was very much appreciated.
My heart is broken once again,
but knowing she is with 
my uncle (her brother) is easier.
I know they are laughing it up
once again!

Gift Shop Blessings To All!
Janice




17 comments:

  1. Hi Janice,
    So very sorry to hear about your loss of your aunt!! Trusting you will feel God's comfort and peace!!!
    Bob has done a FABULOUS JOB on all those cabinets!!! WOW!!!
    You did a great job with the logo/shop name and design, too! What a perfect team you are!!! Wishing you much success in your new venture and some much deserved rest......sometime!!!
    Take care and enjoy all that decorating!!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you my friend! Yes I am so over the moon with this new store look! Wait until you see how we are going to decorate it. Janice

      Delete
  2. The new shop looks amazing! I can just imagine it with all the goodies on those pretty shelves. We may have to do a road trip! I'm so sorry about your Aunt. Hugs and prayers for you and your family today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Store is coming along nicely. Spent most of the day invoicing items and ordering more items with a bit of decorating. We do have a nice hotel in town and lots of restaurants along our mighty blue river.Janice

      Delete
  3. Sorry for your loss. Yes, your shop looks AMAZING and what a talented hubby and partner! I love the blue, white and grey. I can't wait to see how you work your magic. I'm sure it'll be a jaw dropper...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jacky! Bob sure is a keeper for sure! Started a bit of decorating today. Janice

      Delete
  4. I'm so sorry about your aunt's death. I know it wasn't unexpected but that doesn't always make such a dear loss any easier. I send wishes for peace and healing.

    You are going great guns on that store. I adore the color -- so smart with the store name -- and your logo is just perfect! The cabinets -- WOW! You have a hero there who can make these beautiful cabinets for the shop. They look perfect and so well done. I am incredibly impressed! It's such fun to follow this along; I hope you keep doing more posts on it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jeanie! Bob is a keeper for sure! Will do more posts as we progress. Janice

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear about your Aunt Janice. Love the cabinets and shelves. Bob did a fabulous job building them, he should be proud. They look great. Snowing pretty heavy here right now. I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet! Bob does great work for sure. We probably will not be doing the Holly Spring show. Too much going on with the new store right now. Will miss seeing you. Janice

      Delete
  6. So sorry to hear about your aunt.
    Sending hugs and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lauren. My heart is broken with the loss of not only my aunt, but my godmother. Janice

      Delete
  7. Great job by Bob, really taking shape. Wont be long now. Very sorry to hear about your aunt, sending love hugs and prayers for comfort.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey if you are in the area stop by and see in person this week. Just not tomorrow as we will not be there. Janice

      Delete
  8. Janice, I am so sorry for your loss. Your store is looking good and your hubby is quite handy. The cupboards look beautiful and I like the color. What a fun endeavor to look forward to..Happy Monday..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Judy! Store is starting to look like one. Will feature more posts on it soon. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.