Thursday, August 8, 2019

Its Hooking Time


With two different hooks.
It's been a long while since 
I have had a crochet hook in my hand.


Gramma B taught me to crochet.
Since being a leftie,
As a young teen I watched her crochet
 directly in front of me.
I would do what she did just by watching her.


So Saturday I sat outside on my front porch
Crocheting away in the morning.
Now I first started with the wider one....
but realized it would be too wide 
for what I wanted it to be. 


So I made the smaller one.
4 feet long to be exact.
It may have to be longer.
Will decide that later.
It will be part of my Christmas decor.
If anyone wants to make a scarf
with this design, here is the pattern.

Chain 20.
Turn,
In 4th loop from end
double crochet 3, chain 3, 
double crochet 2, chain 3,
double crochet 3.
Turn.
Repeat.

(this was my own design)
{ this will also not be a scarf }
However you could make it as a scarf.


Then I changed up hooks on Sunday afternoon,
after taking my FIL to his
girlfriends house.



I drew the third house on linen
that I had drawn out.
Looks a little funky in this pic,
but my lines are straight.



So far this it where I am at.



This is my blue house.



Then my red one.

I have two more planned out.
These will also be part of my Christmas decor.

Today I am leaving work early to head North. 
Picking my mom up and bringing her back
to our house.
Friday starts our annual antique trail.
It ends Sunday afternoon.
My mom and I have done this every year....
except one.
That year I decided to sell antiques.
I hated it because I wanted to be out there buying.
Never again.
Hopefully will find treasures for our stores,
and for myself.

If you would like to learn more about our trail,
visit
www.yardsaletrail.blogspot.com

What will you be doing this weekend?
Whatever it is, make it a fabulous one!

Hooking Time Blessings To All!
Janice









14 comments:

  1. Love your wonderful 'home' wreaths. Also looking forward to the other crochet project. Busy gal you are. You and your mom have grand fun, and am sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Saundra! Mom and I did have a good time and I did score for both stores and myself. Fun time over now and have to clean house and go grocery shopping today. Janice

      Delete
  2. Love the houses. You sure keep yourself busy busy. Glad you and your mom are able to do the sales, hope you find lots of treasures. Hope the stores do a bustling business as well. Be safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It has been a busy weekend at the stores Bob said. The sales were fewer this year, but I was still able to buy some things. Janice

      Delete
  3. Hi Janice,
    Trying to do some "catching up" on favorite blogs!! So hate when I get behind, but it is that time of year!! Love your houses and the new one will be a nice addition!! I don't crochet, but always love to see it and will be interested to see what you are planning with your new pieces!! What a fun time to spend with your mom, too! Hope you find LOTS of treasures!!
    Enjoy your trip, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Was able to find some new pieces for both stores and myself. The weather cooperated and even met up with my uncle and had lunch with him and his girlfriend on Friday. Janice

      Delete
  4. Darling hooked houses, Janice! Your upcoming weekend sounds like so much fun. Have a wonderful time with your Mom on your annual trek and be sure to post some photos of any great finds that you get!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie! The weekend was fun too! The weather was perfect for walking to all of the sales I stopped at...and I did find some good things for both stores and myself. Always love doing this yearly sale since it is local one for us. Janice

      Delete
  5. Oh, Janice, that little red house in the wreath is just precious. Another beautiful skill that you have..Thanks, so much, my friend for your visit and your great insight into this big problem. I appreciate it so much..Happy Thursday..Judy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Judy! I do have fun hooking when I can. Love your blog too! Janice

      Delete
  6. sweet house and good idea. I am working on a halloween rug trying to get ahead of the season
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am finishing up some hooked candy corns I did for our show. Then I am also working on some Christmas pieces too. Hopefully will be done with them all in time. Hope you are having a great weekend! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are fun, Janice! I love your yarn and crocheted piece at the top and the hooked houses are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you Jeanie. Had fun making them! Will both be part of my Christmas decor. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.