Friday, August 23, 2019

August CupboardScape

Hello all my friends!
I cannot believe that Summer is almost over.
Can you?

I am getting in Autumn mode.
Are you too?

Will venture up into the attic and bring some
things down.
Already have decided to move furniture
around over here....
with Bob's help of course.
Thank you honey for always helping me out.

For my August CupboardScape
I decided to mix in some vintage.
Hope you enjoy the pics.

Sometimes I plan ahead 
on what I will do each month...
this one was just a spur of the moment. 



For those following me for a long time,
know I love blue, red and bunnies.


I purchased this feedsack runner
at a quaint prim shop on our trip last month. 


This spongeware pitcher was purchased at
at one of the antique stores we visited.


Still love my stockings.


Both blue and white striped and cream ones.


I have had this Longaberger basket
since the 1980's.


Still enjoy my old faux flowers.
I prefer faux to protect my kitties.
One never knows what they will try to eat
when mom and dad are away.


This little faux bunny was also purchased
at that prim shop.


I dragged out this suitcase as part of my display.


For a spur of the moment one.... 
I thought it came together quite nicely.


Sometimes you just have to go with the flow.



You might be pleasantly 
surprised at the outcome!

So this weekend,
you will find me watching some 
old movies I taped....
while finishing up my hooked project 
from last weekend...
and I will try to hook a few smaller pieces.

Our prim show in Holly, MI 
is September 7th.

It seems I am always rushing to get things done.
UGH

What will the weekend find you doing?

Random Blessings To All!

14 comments:

  1. oops...2 of my sisters and nieces.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know if the first comment went through...anyway, I said everything I do is spur of the momment...tehee. It tooks great. This weekend I'm going to an art show on the reservation with 2 of my sisters and nieces. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all of your decor and those stockings are wonderful! Im getting ready for Holly as well....but my brain is going in too many directions to actualy get anything accomplished!!! Have a great weekend and enjoy this wonderful weather!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep I am working on last minute items for the show. Been busy all weekend. I did get something accomplished at least. Janice

      Delete
  4. I can't believe summer is almost over. Though I do love fall, I don't want it to come for a long time!
    Getting ready for a show is always stressful...no matter what. There are always so many last minute things to do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right. Yep was finishing up goodies, then drew out a few new ones. My brain is also a whirl right now. Janice

      Delete
  5. Blue and white pottery is always a winner! Love your cupboard scape gathering! All I can say about August, is "you sure have been one hot and humid month this year"!! Nary a cool breeze found around here. Enjoy some cooler temps that weather.com says is coming your way soon. It will sure inspire some fall projects and possibly the first pot of chili and cornbread! I am looking forward to the cold weather favorites like chili, stews, and soups. Not only do they make the house smell great, they add a welcoming statement for friends to stay for dinner. Have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Winnie! We were enjoying some cooler temps here with windows open all weekend. Rain coming in tomorrow. I actually made chili for Bob's birthday earlier in the month and made chicken mexican chili yesterday. Getting the urge to bake again. Yes love the smells of Fall and Winter. Janice

      Delete
  6. I love it all.. especially the pottery. I am excited for Fall changes also... this time of year it is so hard to control those "fall" urges. It's a cool 69' here today.. which doesn't help. : )
    Sounds like a good weekend for you. No huge plans here, everyone is working or in school so I will at least get some good housework done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Leslie! I created a few Autumn displays over the weekend. Even made a mexican chicken chile. Loved having the windows open all weekend! Janice

      Delete
  7. Hi Janice,
    Your display is lovely and really came together nicely!!
    Love all your new pieces, too!! We are still dealing with hot temps here in AZ and the high today was 103 so the air is still on all day long!! Looking forward to some cooler weather...hopefully soo!!
    Take care and enjoy your creative time!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will gladly share the cooler temps we had this weekend. Actually had the windows open. Watched my movies and hooked all weekend during the day. It was nice. Janice

      Delete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.