Saturday, July 6, 2019

It's A Star Celebration

Hope everyone enjoyed their July 4th celebrations.
Bob and I did not do anything.
He worked the store and I cleaned house.
I did bbq some chicken for dinner 
and we had grilled 
zucchini packets with veggie pizza crescents.
I also made a jello poke cake for dessert.

It also rained....
so the first 5 days of the month it has rained.
It is raining again, so day 6 of rain.
Hoping it stops soon.
There are houses now nearby
 that are surrounded by water.
 The sandbags did not help those poor folks.

I worked the store yesterday so Bob could have
 a much needed day off.
After he closes the store today,
we are off to my mom's.
Will take her out for dinner, 
then head over to my cousins to watch the fireworks.
My son Matt will stay at home and tend to our kitties.
Thanks Matt!


Remember this dollie I made?
I created her to add to my tree.


My 4th of July dollie tree.


This one is sitting at the top and the star of the show.
Get it STAR of the show. (tree topper)


This one sits next to the tree.


I purchased this cutie from Raggedy Angie.
I still love her Angie.
Wish you were still blogging.
I miss you.


These two love horses.


The tree sits on this star box.
Great for July 4th.


Just a simple Christmas in July handmade tree.


Added a blue and red quilt.


Perfect for a Star celebration don't you think?

How did you celebrate your 4th?

Star Celebration Blessings To All!
Janice

18 comments:

  1. Hi Janice,
    Another winning display!! So sweet with all your handmade dolls and just love that Star box!! Perfect with the quilts and ribbon!
    We had dinner with our daughter and her hubby and Charlotte, our grand dog! She is part of the family and loves when we come over!!! Sorry for all of your rain!! Hope it goes away very soon!!!
    Take care and enjoy your weekend!!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie! When I saw that star box I knew it had to come home with me. I love both baskets and boxes. Plus I can hide things in them too! Its a win win!

      So you had time with family and your grand doggie!

      Yes wishing the rain would stop.

      Janice

      Delete
  2. Sweet vignette as always.
    Send some rain to northern Ohio. After all the rain we had in June, it is now getting dry.
    The 4th was busy but fun. DSO always has a party and then we enjoy the fireworks from his deck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Would gladly give anybody our rain. We have frogs in our ditch now that are eating bugs...and now a ribbon snake moved in to eat the frogs. It is the cycle of life..but wish they would be somewhere else. Janice

      Delete
  3. Thank you Krisha! I made most of them myself and thought it would be nice to show them off in a display! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all of these unique dolls !
    No rain here...but so hot you could fry eggs in the driveway. lol
    Happy 4th to you, Janice !
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now that’s an image. Frying eggs 🥚 on a driveway is a funny visual. I like mine over easy. Lol thanks for the sweet comment on my Dollie tree! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. Janice I love, love, love your patriotic dollie tree made with your adorable handmades!!!!!! Each doll has such a darling dress and expression on her face, and they all make a unique little tree display on those quilts!

    Gosh, I am sorry you all are having continual rain with flooding!! We have been having heavy downpours everyday in afternoon thunder showers, but our sandy soil handles the burden most of the time. The air has been extra humid and if feels pretty miserable out there too.

    Our July 4th neighborhood picnic got stormed out with hours of thunder, rain, and lightening. We got to stay about 30 minutes before the sky fell out and that was the end!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So sorry to hear your July 4th celebration was routines by rain. I am so sick of rain here and hopefully it will stop at least for the fireworks 💥 tonight.

    I wanted to create something different for this tree and looking at my dollies gave me the idea because they are the perfect colors. Just trying to show folks you can decorate out of the box and still be patriotic about it.

    Hope the rest of your weekend will be bright and sunny. 😎 Janice

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable decor. Your dolls are so cute. I also miss raggedy Angie and wonder if she is doing OK. We watched fireworks from our porch and that's about all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wish I knew if Angie was alright. She was fun! Janice

      Delete
  9. So sweet I hope your fourth was a good one. we have finally had some good weather some of it a bit to hot but that is a complaint for another day.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finally having some good weather here too! The 4th it rained and then it rained with humidity. Janice

      Delete
  10. So cute! Hope you had a happy 4th!~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our 4th was a quiet one at home. We went to see some fireworks on Saturday and they were nice. Spent time with my mom and cousin. Thanks for stopping by! Janice

      Delete
  11. Your holiday sounds terrific. And I adore your dollies! All cute -- can't believe you made one yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep I actually did make one for myself this year. The other except two were made by me too! Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.