Saturday, May 25, 2019

Memorial Day Blessings


In my 60 years I have
 NEVER
encountered this...but now I did.
I started out my commute to work
 the other morning
 driving in fog.
The next town up I could see
 lightning in the fog.
10 more minutes of driving 
in fog and lightning now,
the sky got this eerie color.
I cannot explain it, but it was 
a thunderstorm with fog.
Can you imagine driving in pouring rain,
lightning with fog...well I did.
It was a crazy morning that I will never forget.


So this weekend my plans will be 
getting down my patriotic decor from the attic.

Finish up my dollie.


Hopefully get in some bbq's.
Bob grilled some t-bone steaks for us last night.
We had baked potato also on the grill,
and cheesy crab stuffed mushrooms.
We don't eat fancy around here much,
but the holidays are an exception. 

Now they are talking severe weather
here all weekend.
So the barbie might be on hold.
UGH


I also need to do laundry, clean house and decorate
our humble abode in patriotic
for the Summer months.
Cannot wait to show you what 
I have planned for this year.

I also will be going to lunch
 with my friend one day
who lost her husband last month.
[Some girl time]

Do you have any plans for the Holiday weekend?
Do you make special meals for the holiday?

Please do take a moment and remember 
why we have this holiday.
Many died for the Freedom we have today.

Memorial Day Blessings To All!
Janice


10 comments:

  1. Hi Janice,
    Sounds like very crazy weather!! Glad you made it through safely!
    Love your flag and always look forward to your decorating! The meal plans sound yummy....just hope the rain doesn't spoil them!
    We are having Brats on the grill and don't really ever eat them but they just sounded good this year! We certainly have so much to be thankful, don't we?
    Have a Blessed Memorial Day!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are having brats tomorrow. We do have lots to be thankful for. Hope you had a great weekend! Janice

      Delete
  2. We must always remember to thank our veterans. Freedom isn't free. God Bless America 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

    ReplyDelete
  3. We ended up with rather nice days over here, although a bit threatening at times but nothing major materialized. So glad! I've had enough rain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have had enough of rain too...but was complaining about the snow too. Guess we are never happy. Janice

      Delete
  4. Woo, I love these Americana accents too. Summer always feels like red, white and blue. I hope your Memorial Day weekend was a good one and that the weather wasn't a party pooper again!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you had a great Memorial Day weekend! Janice

      Delete
  5. LOL...I felt like I was “late” with my patriotic decor as I always try to get it up BEFORE Memorial Day....Oh well, will keep working on it... I do love our red, white an blue. Strange weather all over the land it seems... I don’t recall seeing rain, fog and lightening all together, but it doesn’t surprise me. We have never had a winter so long and brutal, nor a spring so wet and late...I have yet to buy a plant to plant outdoors. Given our already short summers, I am not sure it will pay..even if it there is even a day without rain that I can make it to a greenhouse. Yikes! Hope your holiday weekend was good...no barbies here....too wet... ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was late too! I like to do it before Memorial Day, and did it the day before...but then again last year did nothing. I have not planted any annual flowers either. Too wet. Janice

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.