Sunday, May 12, 2019

Flowers For Mom


It was when I was 14
that my mom  taught me about flowers.
I helped her weed the flower beds each year.
Perused through all of her garden books 
in the Winter months, learning all I could
about all of the varieties of annual and perennial
flowers that would grown here in MIchigan.

I share here my Spring garden.
Thank you mom for teaching me about flowers,
trees and plants.


Flowering pear tree.


Autumn Joy Sedum.


Redbud Tree Blossoms.


Honeysuckle Vine


My bunny is loving the Spring weather.
You know me and bunnies.


A lone yellow tulip.


Purple violets.


Left is my red twig dogwood blooming out.
To the right my hydrangea.


Last but not least, my kiwi vine.
In the Summer these leaves will turn
pink and white. 

We took my mom out for dinner last night.
Happy Mother's Day Mom!

Now that you all know
 where I get my flower talent from
please share what your mom taught you.

Happy Mother's Day 
to all you moms of children and fur babies.

Flowers For Mom Blessings To All!
Janice


11 comments:

  1. Hi Janice,
    Lovely story and garden blooms!! Seems you were an apt pupil!!
    Sadly, I did not inherit a green thumb from any of my family, but certainly do enjoy all the beauty of growing things!! At least I can make fabric fruit and veggies, even if I can't grow them!!!
    Have a lovely Mother's Day, my friend!
    Heart Hugs~
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope you had a great Mother's Day Julie! I have a green Thumb outside, but kill all indoor plants. LOL Janice

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Same to you Laren. Hope it was good for you. Janice

      Delete
  3. My Mom loved flowers too and had a very green thumb. I love flowers but have no talent for growing them. Spring brings us so many gorgeous colors and blooms for our yards and homes. I am glad you got your Mom's green thumb as I know it brings you a lot of joy! Enjoy your long awaited for Spring season!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully the rains will stop so we can enjoy our Spring outside. Tonight I did bbq some chicken...the rains stopped for once. The kitties even got to go outside in their catio. Janice

      Delete
  4. Thanks Sandra, Bob placed the extra wheel in our wagon last year and it does look good there. Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Belated Mother’s Day Janice.... It looks like you are a bit ahead of us in the spring department... We are greening up nicely, but trees are not yet leafed out, and only he hardiest plants have emerged. That Kiwi vine sounds fascinating. I will have to look into it! And I can’t begin to tell of all the things my mother taught me.... I continue to become aware of things daily. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. More rain and storms today. Not good for the folks in our county. Janice

      Delete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.