Saturday, February 2, 2019

Love Is In The Air

Welcome February.
Please be kinder than January was.

Well friends we are going 
from -18 to the mid 50's today.
Now we are worried about flooding.
YIKES

As I show you two of my latest pillows,
I have not one, but two stories to tell.

 Valentines as a child 
attending an elementary
 private school was fun.
It was the one time we were allowed
to wear either a red or pink dress,
instead of our usual plaid dress uniform.
The other times we were allowed
to wear a different dress was
St. Patrick's Day and one day just before
Christmas.


We were allowed to take a shoe box
and using colored paper, glue and glitter,
we made our Valentine Day card holders
by adding a hole through the top of the box.


Once our boxes were decorated,
we then were then allowed to pass out our cards.
For those growing up in the 50's and 60's like me,
the cards were so sweet and cute!


For us girls it was when we knew we would
receive a card from our sweeties...
even though they did not know they were.
TE HE


Young love.
We all were naive about it at the time.


As a grown up,
we all know that true love takes work.
Trust, Friendship, Compassion
to name a few.

This next story is one that started with my first love.
Mike and I were high school sweethearts.
He went on to university to become a dentist,
I started working at a bank. 
We got engaged Christmas 1978.

December 31st as we were going to a 
New Year's Eve party,
Mike told me he was not going to live much longer.
He said he knew he was going to die soon.
I was in shock and told him he was crazy.

January 5th, 1979 
he was killed in a car accident.
I was devastated.

At his funeral a complete stranger
 came up to me.
She specifically told me that
the evening Mike died,
he came to her and told her
 that he wanted me marry Bobbie.
She came to his funeral just to tell me this.
(I thought she was crazy)

I married someone other than a Bobbie,
and divorced 17 years later.

Flash forward to January 5th, 2007.
(same day Mike died)
{was this a coincidence}

I was dating Bob at the time.
We were involved in a car accident.
A girl pulled out in front of me.
I hit her on the side.
As the air bag dust 
fell down around us
I saw Mike standing
in between my car and the truck I hit. 
He smiled at me.
Now I do believe in ghosts, and spirits.
I knew I saw Mike.
I also knew then 
who he wanted me to marry.
Bob's family calls him Bobbie.

One day I hope to reunite 
in the afterlife with Mike,
as I still do love him.
However my love now is Bob (Bobbie).

Can one person have other loves?
In my case, I know I can.

Bob knows this story about Mike.
We often say we should have met earlier...
but I believe both God and Mike
had this plan in the making for
exactly when and how it did.

Love is very important to me.
Is it to you?

Hope everyone has an awesome weekend!

Love Is In The Air Blessings To All!
Janice












8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this story. I believe! In it all!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jacky! I was not sure if I should tell this story as many may think I made it up. But it really did happen this way. Janice

      Delete
  2. Wow Janice.....what an amazing story (actually several stories in one in that last one)!! So tragic to have lost your first love that way...but, oh, how I do believe....and I don’t believe much in “coincidence”...I believe things, small and big, happen for a reason... We may not always know what that reason is, but there is one nonetheless. Oh, I love your sweet hearts!! (Get it? “Sweethearts”?? ;-) ok...it’s late LOL). Truly they are beautiful... I especially love the hooked one... Is it your pattern? Hope your weekend is off to a good start.... Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes my dad always told me things happen for a reason. Some day when my life ends here on Earth I may learn why this happened to me. Yes the sweethearts were my own pattern. I should sell my patterns. I use to. Janice

      Delete
  3. What a story! Glad you have found your love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Bob is the love of my life now! We are best friends! Janice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sad story. So sorry that you had to experience such a tragedy and at such a young age. Glad that you are happily married now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Danica for your kind words. It was hard, but am happy now...and some day I hope to see Mike again. Janice

      Delete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.