Sunday, April 29, 2012

Where To Begin

First let me tell you,
I have not fallen off the face of the Earth.

Where to begin...
 
Last week was not a fun one for me. 
I was sick beginning on Sunday,
and Thursday night Bob...
although I know he was not happy at the time... 
...because I waited until 10:30 at night.. 
He took me to our local country hospital.
About an hour later after being given a heated blanket
because I was freezing,
taking my blood pressure twice
as the first time it was too high.
Slight fever, congestion and feeling out of it.
The cute young (intern) doctor who was attending,
told me I had bronchitis,
gave me a prescription and told me to get some rest.
I stayed home from work Friday to rest.

I'm still coughing, just not as bad.
I also was told by Bob that if I wanted to stay home
 on the weekend and not work at the store...
that I needed to fill out a day off form...inside joke
as Bob calls himself the president of the store.
I'm just the part timer who works on weekends. LOL
My real job is a commercial loan officer at a major bank,
with a degree in business management.
I never did fill out the form.

While I was suppose to be resting on Friday,
I spent more time going back and forth from
the living room to the bath.
Not fun at all.

Then after going out to eat at a local restaurant,
we came home to our orange and white tabby kitty Tanner
lying lifeless on our bedroom rug.
All day long I scratched his ears and the bottom of his chin,
as I made my way back and forth from the bathroom trips.
He loved when you did that to him..
I even scratched his ears before we left that night.
We were only gone about an hour and a half and he passed on. 

I miss that cat :-(
He loved everyone that came to our home.
Tanner my orange and white tabby,
 had many names.
Tanner Butt.
Big T.
"T".
Fat Cat.
Big Kitty.
  
He was definitely a big part of our family.
I miss my TANNER so much.

He was the first animal I brought into the house by the river.
I buried my Cocker Spaniel just before I moved.
I decided on another cat because my work commute was too far for a dog.
Tanner was always there to greet me when I came home.
He was my dog.
I'm glad I was home Friday now,
but it still hurts.

I just want you all to know that I have not forgotten you all. 
I have been reading up on my favorite blogging buddies,
just not commenting.
I did not have it in me to do Friday Facts. 
Now you know.

Blessings to all.
Janice

11 comments:

  1. OH Janice so sorry you lost your Tanner
    That is so hard to loose a pet.
    Big hugs, hope you are over being sick

    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Janice, my heart breaks for you, losing a beloved pet is soooo hard. Tanner was a beautiful boy, the house just is not the same without them. Hope you feel better soon, Bear Hugs and Blessings Francine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Janice.....rough week for sure...Tanner was like a family member so I know you miss him so much...And, I sure do hope you get to feeling better... Hoping brighter days are ahead.... Always,, Faye

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you feel better soon; I just got home from the hospital myself, infection went to the kidneys- I think our men act annoyed, but I think it is because they have trouble showing that they are worried :) and us being sick is one thing that they are helpless to fix :) Thank God for our men, who hold down the fort while we are in hospital, who drive us around at late hours, I Praise God for how they hold our purse and take care of us! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know how you feel, I lost 3 cats not long after I moved to Oklahoma. They are so much a part of the family, it really hurts and Tanner was such a pretty cat. I hope you feel better soon.

    Bear Hugs & Blessings~Karen

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you feel better soon.Sorry for the loss of Tanner.Good you were there to comfort him.Warm Blessings!~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Janice...I'm so sorry you have had a bad week...being sick and then losing your sweet Tanner. They become such a part of our lives it is hard to say goodbye...but it certainly sounds like he knew he was very loved. Hugs and blessings. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. so sorry for all your troubles...losing Tanner was so sad...hopefully he didn't suffer...and I know how hard it is to say goodbye to a beloved pet...we lost one of our cats a few years ago now but I still miss him..have his photo by the computer...some pets just wrap around your heart, don't they?
    hugs to you...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Janice - I'm so very sorry to read of your loss. Here I come lately around doing catch-up and sadly come upon this. I know there is little joy in your heart now, but I do pray that soon you will find comfort in his memory - and gratefulness that he passed so peacefully and quickly. I still struggle with having to put down my last kitty - he was 21 years old, and in pain, but Lord, it still rips my heart out....You will be close in thought and prayer....Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh GEEZE Janice. I am so sorry. I'm just trying to catch up on my blog reading and learned about your being sick and losing your beloved pet. My heart is breaking for you. I remember how this feels. You are in my thoughts & prayers! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  11. So sorry Janice :( sending hugs. We lost one of our kitties about a year ago. We had had her about 15 years. It really is hard. They are such a part of our lives. Hope that you are feeling better. Blessings ~Sara

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.