Wednesday, April 25, 2012

The Antique Lady

If you ask Bob and my kids,
they would tell you that I was the antique lady.
However the antique lady
that I am speaking of today is this beauty!
Although Bob and I deal in primitives,
 we also purchase many other items.
Bob knew this was a head vase but was not sure of the value.
These head vases range from $20.00 to $150.00 each
depending on condition and head.
When I saw this vase it immediately reminded me of my gramma H.
Living with antiques her whole life,
the only antique that she would purchase for herself
were these head vases.
She would buy celebrity heads like Marilyn Monroe,
and Mae West, and many other women and men heads.
Alas when she passed away,
all of her head vases were willed to my eldest female cousin.
Unfortunately, she did not care about these heads.
Instead of keeping them she sold them all,
and from the monies she received,
she spent buying Beanie Babies...
I hope my gramma did not roll in her grave...
Clearly she had no clue about antiques.
Such a shame.

I'm fighting a chest cold, so I am behind on reading my blogs.
I had this post in draft, so thought I would publish.
Blessing to all,
Janice 

5 comments:

  1. Hi Janice,
    Hope you are getting some rest and will soon be feeling better.
    My grandmother had several of these head vases also, and they met a similar fate. They do have a very sweet look about them...enjoyed seeing this beauty.
    Take care,
    Robyn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a shame ~ I hope your Grandma didn't roll over in her grave either. I always see these at flea markets and wonder if my daughter would like them.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hope you feel better soon Janice!
    Prim Blessings
    Robin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better! Your flower is on it's way to you! Have a better day tomorrow, Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feel better soon Janice. I've witnessed times when people "burn" and giveaway and trade beloved antiques and it's all I can do to not freak out! My mom had a head vase for YEARS-it had a little pearl earring on one side. I'm sure it got sold in the rummage. (Beanie Babies???!!! AAHHHHH!!!) Have a good day! ~*~Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm more of a primitive gal myself, but still, the charm of these have always made me stop and smile....Wow...Beanie Babies....Thank the Lord there is such a thing as forgiveness. ;o Smiles & Hugs ~ Robin

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.