Wednesday, September 11, 2024

Whippy Wednesday

Hoping you like my WIP's
for this month.
 

Let's start with Quaker Block.


Instead of using one color,
I chose to use three.


I changed out the crown at the top.
Inserted the date 1656.
Any clue on why I did that?

What is the significance of this date?

Let's play Final Jeopardy with the theme song.
Do Do Do Do 
Do Do Do
(Not even sure if there are words to the song) LOL
Any hoot the answer is:
What is the date the Quakers arrived in the US.
So since this is a Quaker block...why not add the date
they came to America.

Am loving the colors I chose for this stitch.
No rhyme or reason. 
Just picking as I go.


Turkey Trot is next.


When last I showed this one,
I had the first turkey finished.


Added the remaining acorns on top,
plus another motif.
Finished the top border.
Started on the last turkey.
This is my lunch stitch. 


Laura Vorgensen 1853 is the pattern
I chose to add my parents name,
and their wedding date.
while also adding the name of the church and town.
They were wed in a church on a hill.


This is where I left off the last time.
If you remember I wanted to see all of the letters.
Then when I picked it up again, did not want
it to be all of this blue.... 


So I frogged out the letters "E" and "F" 
in blue and went back
to the ghosted color.
I am only going to stitch two or three rows
 of the alphabets, instead of the six rows.
Decided this because it is such a large piece.
I need room for my personalization on this one.
Now this second row is very time consuming because
there is lots of confetti (color changes).
Each one of these letters takes me 
over an hour to complete. 
On the pattern this row is actually the last one.
Notice there are no letter "J's" in these.



The first row is the entire alphabet and numbers.
Next row I chose ends with the letter "W". 
I work on this one most Saturdays and Sundays.
Although very time consuming this piece
is very relaxing to stitch as I dont have
a timeframe on completing like the 
big Halloween one.
Speaking of Halloween...


Finally block 11 is completed on
Halloween At Hawk Run Hollow.
YAY!
I love the ghosts  coming out of
the locomotives smokestack.
I did change the color of the sign.
The pattern called for the lime green
of the grass, however the picture had
the gold color.
Me thinks this was an error in the pattern,
so I went with a gold floss that was in the mix.

This is my go to stitch nightly after dinner.


Left side.


Right side.


One more block to go.
Once this piece is finished,
I wont frame it right away...
but I do want it framed eventually.
I also have the pattern for 
Houses of Hawk Run Hollow,
but I am in no hurry to start another big
project right away.
Have something else planned for a monthly stitch.
Plan on starting this in October or November.
Just not sure yet when.
Stay tuned on that.
It will be a Sunday start at some time. ;-)

In other news,
yesterday was the worst fog ever.
I could not even see driving down my little street
to the main road it was that foggy.
I almost turned around.
Could hear the freighter in the river,
but could not see it...and they usually
turn on all of their lights in the fog.
Got better as I got closer to town which is a mile.
Hoping today is not the same.

 Chef Bob made Lamb Stew for dinner last night.
For those of you who like lamb,
this was his best recipe to date.
Bob is half Lebenese on his dad's side.
He made it just like his dad would have.
It was awesome and I am glad I have some to 
take for lunch today.
We have been going to a local meat market
monthly now to get our meat.
This market has monthly specials 
and for $100 you can pick from 5 meats.
This month one of them was lamb.
Let me tell you, the meat is always fresh
and it lasts almost a month for us on what we pick. 
We have been doing this for 4 months now.
Am spoiled now.
I dont want to go back to grocery store meat.
You order the day before and it is cut fresh.

Well have to get ready for work.
Hope everyone is enjoying their week thus far.

Please take a moment today
to remember those who lost their lives
this terrible day on 2001 when at
8:14am our great country was first attacked.
May we never forget.
God Bless The USA.

Happy Wednesday Blessings To All,
Janice
















12 comments:

  1. I just love seeing your stitching projects! I think the lettering on the Quaker one is so perfect.
    I like a foggy morning but not when you can hardly see to drive.
    Hooray for chef Bob! Your meat market sounds like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving all your stitcheries! You are so close on Halloween at Hawk Run. What a great piece.
    I, for one, will NEVER forget and the rest of America needs to remember, too. Who knows what can happen with all the terrorists entering our country illegally? It is so very scary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoy your stitching projects. I too will never ever forget 9-11. A day that changed America for sure. I have never had lamb stew - but Rick and I are going to go to a butcher shop this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, LOVE each and every one of these stitcheries...Like I said, I have the Quaker stitch from Threadwork but haven't quite found the linen I love. (Have the called-for, but it is nothing like the model photo - it has a lot of pink to it.) But my favorite of all is Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow. No surprise there. All of your changes are so perfect and if I ever managed this one, it would be my crowning achievement. Like Mari, I love a foggy morning (and day and night)...but not when I have to drive in it (or thinking of others driving in it). I don't think I've ever had lamb stew but would be more than willing to try it. I usually just do the rack of lamb or lamb loin chops. Wish we had a good supplier like you do. All we have is what the grocer has...which isn't much and isn't very fresh. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good afternoon-I really seeing all of your stitching projects. The halloween blocks are my favorite so far.
    That is so awesome you can find fresh meat. I stopped buying meat at the small wal mart near here-the meat was just not good and I have not had a problem before with wal mart super stores. I haven't found a butcher near us but I did learn that the sav a lot store here gets their meat from farmers nearby-and it is very good.
    we jumped up to 90 degrees today with humidity. early mornings the lake is totally fogged in here too-thinking it is the different temps of the water and air.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. All your stitchery work is beautiful. Like how you put the date on the Quaker piece.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Is that a turkey pillow? It's beautiful stitching. I bet that lamb stew rocked!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Janice - just coming here to answer your question on my blog.
    I didn't heat my sweet and sour sauce. I just poured it over the meat and veggies and it warmed quickly, then when you put it over the hot rice, it's all good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your pieces are great. I can only imagine how many hours you spent on those halloween pieces. Me think that the grass is yellow rather then green because of drought, maybe.lol...
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Janice. Your stitching is amazing. Just beautiful. When you said you had changed the date I looked closely thinking I could answer and noticed the "J" was missing. I didn't want to embarrass you and say you forgot it so am glad you mentioned it but you didn't say why ?? No matter I love them all. xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your stitching always looks so nice, the patterns looks as if they've been around for ages...I love that. And Halloween is oh-so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janice, yes, we still have our hens, Dolly, Holly, Polly and Lolly. Molly did pass away.
    I love all your works. It is just beautiful!
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.