Tuesday, August 6, 2024

In The Good Ole Summer Time


Hello friends.
I just recently realized I had not shown
you pics of the gift shop for
Summer Time.
Here are just a few. 








Unfortunately the small space is no longer
conducive to creating different vignettes.
Everything is just put out now on shelves.
I do miss having the actual store,
but I do like having my weekends back.

Not having a separate room for holiday displays
is also bringing me down.
I will no longer be able to bring alive a theme
for both Halloween and Christmas.
Am a bit disappointed in that as I so loved
putting together my yearly themes.
I thought with Bob adding in another fireplace
it would be alright, however I feel it just
does not have the vibe the actual store did.
Bob and I are going to decorate for Halloween
this week, but it wont be the same.
The ceiling is too high and the lights
 are not changeable.
Just hope our customers are understanding.
I know our worker is already sad about it.

Anyway life goes on.

In other news,
I an taking Wednesday thru Friday off
this week from work.
Am picking up my mom and her and I
will be doing the yearly antique trail
in our neck of the woods.
This is not as big as the I27 one,
but my mom and I have been doing this one
for years and years.
Hope to find some treasures.

More rain on tap for today, but not complaining.
I feel so bad for those in the path of
Hurricane Debby.
My SIL lost power down in Florida.
Thankfully her son brought her over a generator.
Same SIL that had the heart attack....
and she is supposed to not get stressed out.

Well off to work, then Vacay for a few days.

Summertime Blessings To All!
Janice



 





 

12 comments:

  1. Was fun strolling thru your shop for a change. You were up doing your blog really early this morning. As the saying goes..."the early bird catches the worm", lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked seeing the store. I can see that it's harder to decorate than a whole store, but the benefits of time are huge and it still looks good. I'd love to shop there!
    Enjoy your days off this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I thought you didn't have a store at all any more. You are certainly full of fun things.
    enjoy antiquing.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. The shop looks terrific - you always pull things together so they look amazing! Loved seeing your seasonal rooms, too...can you set up old-fashioned room dividers so there's a little separation to create a "room"? Enjoy your days off - love a good antique adventure! Hope you find wonderful things. And no power is awful, so hot - may they get it all resolved quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With your flair for decorating I’m sure you’ll come up with something equally creative. I’ve always enjoyed “antiquing” but in the 16 years we’ve been here, so many of the smaller stores have closed and opted for an antique mall with a booth. That’s fine but always enjoyed the smaller places - so much to look at. There’s one I love in an old cottage-type house. Each room decorated with antiques according to the room type. They have a backyard as well with nice things. I need to get over there. I haven’t been there since the winter.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shop looks great as always.
    Enjoy your mom time...treasure each moment...and find lots of new to you/old treasures!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I know a few things that would come home with me! Love the driftwood mermaid in the last photo...and the little red, white and blue boat...that isn't old is it? I also kept enlarging the photos with that framed piece on the wall with the ships....but couldn't make out what it says. The piece with the Edmund Fitzgerald I got from you is still a favorite of mine and has a place of honor at the lake. Enjoy your treasure hunt with your mum! You are so very fortunate to have her as a partner in crime. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, enjoy your time and I cannot wait to see your treasures. :-)
    Your store looks like fun, I know I would enjoy spending time looking at all the treasures and bring some home with me.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy your treasure hunt with your Mom! Your store looks like a treasure chest to me! All those goodies are calling to me but I'm just a tad far away....well, in Ohio anyway! Have a good vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It’s lovely to see the gift shop’s summer display, even if the space constraints have made things a bit different. I understand missing the old vibe, but I’m sure your Halloween and Christmas decorations will still bring cheer, even if the setting isn’t quite the same. Enjoy your time off and the antique trail with your mom—sounds like a great way to unwind! Hope you find some wonderful treasures. Stay safe and dry, and best wishes to your SIL in Florida.

    I just posted a new blog post at www.melodyjacob.com. I invite you to read. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Janice. Hope you are enjoying your time off. Your shop looks wonderful with good inventory but I remember when we just had our booth and it was hard to display all that you wanted to. I always envied the bigger stores that had tons of room for everything. But, you give up something and gain something else..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks so NICE. I'd love to walk around your shop.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.