Monday, August 26, 2024

August CupboardScape

With August almost over, here is my
cupboardscape for the month.
Hope you enjoy my pics,
but I apologize in advance 
because I am getting into Fall mood. 










The crocheted afghan I made back in the 80's.
It is a lap blanket.
One I take down this display 
it will be placed on my couch for Fall.

In other news,
Mary not sure if my comment got to you
regarding your trencher.
Unfortunately I believe this one is a repro.
Many years ago there was a vendor 
at a huge flea market we use to go to.
His whole both was set up with hundreds 
of wooden trenchers similar to yours...
along with wood hay forks and bowls,
which we believe came from China.
There is no way these would have been mass
produced in the day, however folks were purchasing
them thinking they got a good deal.
Good deal if you did not want the real thing.
Dot get me wrong...I have  a few repro items even
in my own house that no one but I would know
they were not real.

Lately on Monday thru Wednesday
Bob has been making supper for us.
It is a joke now that when I come into the door
I ask Tundra "What did chef daddy make tonight?"
BTW Tundra is our Samoyed dog.
He is 4 years old and neutered.


Here he is with his daddy Bob.
He loves the Winter.
The colder the better.
I take him for car rides in the Winter.
Sometimes I get the looks when someone
sees me leaving him in the car.
He loves the cold though and I would NEVER
do this in the hot weather.
Actually this breed was bred in Russia 
to herd reindeer....he sure is a fast son of a gun.

Hope everyone enjoys their full last week
of August....welcome September.

August Blessings To All!
Janice
 







12 comments:

  1. It doesn't feel much like fall here today. I think the weather the rest of the country suffered through all summer has finally winged its way to Nod. High of 90 with real temp of 105. Sizzling weather. Bracing for the storms that always seem to follow close on the heels of that stuff. Your "cupboardscape" is pretty - I really love that picture...oh and that gorgeous basket!! Lucky you to have a resident chef for part of the week. Happy National Dog Day to handsome Tundra. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it doesn't feel like fall here either! 90's. You do have very nice fall decorations. I love your dog - so he rustles up reindeer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The chill in the air has left here too and is to be in the upper 90's Wednesday. But the weatherman still does say fall will enter early here on the eastern shore. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sure feels like Summer again, doesn't it? But your Fall look is great. I love the way you used your afghan in your cupboardscape and then hang it over the couch.
    Bob and Tundra are looking good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was 95 as a high and for us, that is mild. I can tell we’re zeroing in on Fall by the evening and morning temperatures. Lows are 56 degrees! That’s a huge indicator that we’re close. We’ll have warm days on and off till Nov.
    love all your photos of your decor. Tundra is a happy dog - you can tell he is well loved and he knows it, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Tundra is beautiful...I owned one (Sammie) back in the early 70s...beautiful dogs.
    How nice is it that Bob does some of the cooking! I love when my Larry does it...
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Janice - no, I’m sorry. I didn’t get your comment about the dough bowl, I would always be sure to post it so we could all learn. Oh well, good thing it was sold at a deep discount - I would have felt foolish paying full price. And, honestly, I think that’s what my gut was telling me, I didn’t see the clues you told me to look for - oh well, I’ll enjoy it and I won’t be so worried about using it from now on! And to the touches of fall, yay - it’s supposed to be 98 here today - Unheard of for us. I’m ready for it to be over!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your displays are always so beautiful. I simply adore Tundra!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am in a mood for fall too, so your displays are right up my alley. Just gorgeous! And Tundra too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pretty as always. Yes there were a lot of repos in the 90s that came out. I don't mind them just as long as you know when you purchase them and don't pay antique prices.
    To walk in and have dinner cooking heaven
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am soo ready for fall this year. we had a handful of perfect fall type days last week but since monday we are back to high humidity and 99 F ugh so I enjoyed your fall post very much.
    Your Tundra looks so happy too hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.