Monday, July 1, 2024

Misc Stuff

Hello friends and Happy July 1st!
Lots of you have been showing off your
beautiful flowers.
I decided to get on the bandwagon.
I only have one garden in the front.
Not much, but here goes.
 

My butterfly bush has gotten enormous this year.
I love seeing the butterflies come to it.


With the rain and humidity the yews have
not dried out and are still greener than ever.
The mulch does help.


My hydrangea is starting to bloom.
The kiwi vine in the front is also starting to turn
its wonderful colors of pink and white.
This is a vine which was attached to our door trellis.
Unfortunately the trellis was damaged 
in a bad storm last year.
Bob needs to make another one.


The pop of red is coleus.


My lemon yellow day lilies 
are blooming profusely. 


We purchased this iron bench in Ohio many years ago.


Same with these vintage chairs.
They have seen better days but I still love them.
This is part of our front porch.
Wish it was a covered one.


Bob recently laid this this little patio.
The table and chairs were Bob's dads.
We kept them when he passed last year.
A perfect spot to eat dinner now...
when the mosquitoes let us.
Both Tundra and Shadow enjoy being outside
with us when we do.
We only use our garage as storage.
No vehicles ever go in there.


Now for the good stuff.
Thank you everyone for all of your comments
on both the cafe and pillow.
I so appreciate all comments.
Here comes the winner.


Drum Roll Please.
The winner is...
Mari from "My Little Corner of the World"
Mari please send me your
full name and address to my email at
primsbythewater@yahoo.com
and will get out your pillow asap.

Thank you again to everyone.
I so appreciate you all!

 July Blessings To all!
Janice


15 comments:

  1. Woohoo! I was calmly reading and then saw my name! Thank you! I will display it with pride.
    Your gardens are beautiful! I like your walkway and the little patio. My Bob just finished laying a similar little patio.
    I've never seen a kiwi vine. I bet it's pretty when the color changes.
    Thanks again - I'll get you my address.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your gardens and back patio look quite inviting, when the mosquitos allow you out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey I think you have a lot of beautiful flowers. I love the butterfly bush when all the butterflies fly around it. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your flowers. They add such a bright spot to my day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Mari !!! Your gardens are pretty ...those darn Mosquitoes , they chase me indoors everyday !
    Have a Happy 4th of July !!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for sharing your gardens.
    High Fives to Mari!!
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your garden path and all your plantings look great!
    Congrats to Mari!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your gardens are lovely you will have to get some citronella candles for the bugs
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely blooms. I've not had luck with butterfly bushes for some reason. Overall, my plants are somewhat pathetic this year. I rely on annuals for pops of color and had thought I wouldn't do much this year as I had hoped to spend more time at the lake and don't have anyone to water for me when I am there. But when the remodel got the hiccups, I decided to get some but was late and didn't find the plants I usually look for. Then, I left them by my garage before getting them planted and the rabbits ate most. I planted what was left, but had no clue what colors were what, so it's a bit of a jumble of "what the heck?" going on out there. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And congrats to Mari!! Thanks, Janice, for the giveaway!

      Delete
  10. You have more to show for your garden tahn I ever will. I say three cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your yard is gorgeous-I love everything. with our water issue here I lost most of my perennials from last year-sigh-congrats to the winner.
    Happy 4th

    ReplyDelete
  12. Everything looks beautiful around your place. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your walkway is beautiful. The table and chairs are as well.
    Happy 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats to Mari - yay! I LOVE the color of the vintage chairs, and the stone walkway. Also what a great table and chair set...very fun, you're all ready for summer!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.