Thursday, July 25, 2024

We All Need To Be Patriotic

Good morning friends.
Today is the last of my patriotic displays.
At this time we all need to be more patriotic.
We should be proud of our flag.
The color red represents valor and bravery.
Blue perseverance, justice and vigilance.
White for purity and innocence.
The 13 stripes for the original 13 colonies.
The 50 stars for the 50 states.

My father and his brother both fought in 
the Korean War.
Both were shot.
My dad was a Democrat.
My uncle was a Republican. 
Both were proud to be an American.
Both gave their views of their political party 
without fighting. 
Both flew the flag each and every day except
when it rained.

I saddens me that most folks are turning
away from our flag.

Why is it we no longer care about our flag?
George Washington and his fellow patriots
fought for this country to be free.
I fear for our country now.



 

















This last pic is the display in the guest room.
I always set something up for my mom
next to the bed. 

In other news,
Today is or wedding anniversary.
Bob and I have been married for 15 years now.
This is both our second marriage.
We are planning on going out for dinner tonight 
to our favorite chicken and rib joint.
We know the meal will be good.

My vacation week is almost over. UGH
Well off to get me a cranberry orange muffin
and some orange juice for breakfast.
I love the muffins that our small town grocery 
store bakes in house. Bob brought them home
yesterday and they were just made.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend.
Any plans for yours?

Anniversary Blessings To All!
Janice  







15 comments:

  1. Good morning-beautiful post! I love our country and flag too-as a country we need more love for each other and our great country.
    Happy anniversary! hugs Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agree we need more respect for our Flag and love of our America. All photos were great but that log cabin hooked piece always is my favorite. After this rain that crispy grass has turned green so weather permitting and after today's rain if it dries out enough the grass will need cutting. So that's what I'll be doing this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My heart and anger surged when I saw the "paid idiots" burning our flag...heartbroken for our country.
    But...Happy Anniversary! Well done!
    hugs
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely post and in total agreement with all you said! Happy Anniversary.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Janice, I couldn't agree more, I just want good, honest people to lead us. Those old values seem so distant for so many...but the important things haven't changed. Sometimes it seems the world is telling us something wrong is something right...sigh, just do the right thing is all it boils down to. Okay, off my soapbox! Your patriotic displays are terrific, and happy anniversary! Enjoy dinner and a night out!

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY ANNIVERSARY.
    I totally agree. Be patriotic - what happened? We are in the best country in the world. Every time I see a flag blowing in the wind - I almost cry!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Anniversary! Yes we all need to stand up for our country and her colors.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I believe there are more of us that love our beautiful flag, value our country and deeply appreciate all our veterans. Sadly, we just don’t make the news.
    Happy Anniversary to you and your husband !

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree 100%!
    Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful displays, beautiful sentiments. (I'm especially in love, though, with that little crockery piece with the single zig zaggy stripe with the 2 flags!!). Happy Anniversary! Hope your dinner was wonderful! Hoping very much to catch my breath this weekend after a long week of appts, errands and other yuckies. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary!
    I hope y'all had a wonderful dinner.
    Your displays always touch the heart.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning Janice, first off HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to you and Bob!
    Second, thanks to your father and uncle for their services. I love our country and our flag.
    Our family back in the day was politically divided but my grandmother had a firm rule in her home that there were to be NO Politics or Religion spoken in her home at the table l.p. She wanted to prevent a war LOL
    I want to thank you for your comment on my blog...i'm not very good at keeping up with it.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy Anniversary!!! :-)

    Thank you for your families service.

    What is happening in DC with the burning of the flag breaks my heart. Taking down a Federal Flag to burn is awful. Putting up another flag in its place should be a crime!!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  14. I, too, fear for our country!!! "Nuff said.
    Love all your patriotic displays.
    Thanks to your dad and uncle for their service. Freedom isn't free.
    Happy anniversary!!! May you and Bob be blessed with many, many more.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I've enjoyed your patriotic displays. And big happy anniversary wishes to you both! Three cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.