Friday, July 5, 2024

Friday Finish

Hello friends! 


As you know I wanted to start this little patriotic stitch.
Was pretty sure I could get this one done
before July 4th to display.


It was a fun little stitch and I changed up
all of the colors from my stash.
I used the leftover linen from my sampler.
Waste not when you can.


Here it is finished now as a pillow.
Stuffed with fabric rags...
the way I stuff most of my pillows.


For the back used fabric from my stash
and just coffee stained it a bit.


Now it sits here replacing by my Spring one.
Once I have more stitched,
they will likely go into a dough bowl.
Not this year though.



My next Patriotic finish came out of this book
from Blackbird Designs called
American Eagle.


Here is my finished version.
I added Land of the Free and 1776 at the bottom
and continued the border to go around as well.
I used graph paper like I did for my
jack-o-lantern like Saundra thought.
I omitted both the year on either side 
of the flower urn and the
 letter "B"
Plus changed up some of the colors.



I love how this one turned out.
I picked it up from the framer on July 2nd.


Just in time for July 4th.
Now will be proudly displayed for this month.
The lil sheep I created years ago to sell at our store.
I did keep one for myself.


More patriotic items.




All on my pine cabinet in the keeping room.

In other news,
I hope everyone had a safe and wonderful
July 4th.
We went right next door to our neighbors party.
I brought a bean dip appetizer which was a hit.
Made 2 batches of it.

My daughter Michele is finally 
moving back to her house. 
After months of fighting with adjusters 
while having to go through items they thought were
unsalvageable (almost 700 items)
workers coming in and unplugging 
her meat freezer in the basement for no reason....
and letting it spoil which was full of meat.
Then when moving it out to replace
left her house wide open for anyone 
to go in one whole day. 
They denied the whole thing.
However she caught them on a camera she had.
Most days she had to go to her house 
for inspections that were required by her insurance.
She had to shop for new paint, rugs, furniture,
appliances, clothes and food. 
It was like getting a brand new house an she
hopes she never has to do this again.
She moved from her house to a hotel to a rental house.
Back to moving into her house.
She is mentally exhausted.

Well I have to get to work.
Hope you have a great weekend!
Any plans?

Another Friday Finish Blessing To All!
Janice


10 comments:

  1. Good morning, you finished pieces are just stunning you must be so happy with them.
    what an awful experience your daughter had to go through-hoping insurance paid for her lost meat too and what a mess to clean up sigh
    fireworks on the lake that we could view through the windows til midnight. Larry sleeps through it all

    ReplyDelete
  2. You chose colors well! Wish you were here to help me with my wool selections for the dog rug, lol.
    What total chaos for your daughter and bet your granddaughter will never ever microwave popcorn again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What sweet patriotic finishes!!! Love them both.
    I am happy your daughter's nightmare is finally ending!
    Happy day after the 4th.
    God bless America ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad Michelle is back in her own home. So, the photos meant that they DID cover her claim in the end? Can't believe they initially denied it. What an ordeal for her. Now wonder she's exhaused. I would be, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your stitching and yes you did finish!
    I bet your daughter is so happy to be home there is no place like home.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely patriotic items! Glad your daughter is finally moving back to her home. May she never have to go through a similar bad experience!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love that pillow and the stitch in the frame. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Belated 4th! Your patriotic finishes are amazing Janice! Well done!! Love all your other Americana touches as well. What an absolute nightmare for your daughter. I can't imagine the chaos and frustration. I have been redoing the lake house as you know - but after my husband passed, there was a massive amount of things that needed to be done immediately. Just got the flooring put back in on the main level and what a wretched mess (and not just because of the flooring). What Michelle has gone through must be 100x worse - and I didn't have to live in a rental or hotel while it was being done. I don't even want to imagine. Please share your bean dip recipe! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your two new patriotic pieces are lovely and I like your patriotic decor. You did such a great job on both. No wonder your daughter is exhausted and stressed. I'm glad that the nightmare is coming to an end and I hope that she'll be happy in her newly renovated house.
    Happy Belated 4th of July. Hugs.
    Juia

    ReplyDelete
  10. You’re stitching is always so pretty – I don’t know how you find time to do all of it! What a mess on the house-she will be so glad to get settled in her own home and be done with all of the chaos. We had someone unplug our freezer once – a big deep freeze that was also full of meat - What an Absolute smelly mess to clean. She certainly deserves to have her feet up, unwind, and be rid of the stress.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.