Sunday, July 21, 2024

Sunday Starts

Hello friends!
Hope all is well in your neck of the woods. 


Am longing for the cooler temps
of Fall to come soon.
Which has me going to Autumn patterns 
for my stitching now.
This pattern by Primrose Cottage
is called Autumn Quaker.  


I decided not to stitch this in the called for orange.
Rather will be using yellow. orange and brown.
The fabric is 36 ct vellum which has a hint of green.


My next stitch is a mini sampler.


I want to keep the pattern a secret for now.


The linen I chose for this one is 
32 ct Moonstone.
It is yellow like this pic I took from the internet.
Could not get the true color anywhere in my house.
UGH

Finally my last new start is this one.


Quaker Block Print.
Not really a Fall pattern, 
but one I wanted to stitch.
I liked the letters.


I started this yesterday.


Am also not using the called for floss,
which was just one color.
Again like the other quaker pattern,
I decided to use 3 floss colors
 in shades of black and gray.

In other news,
I will be on vacation this week.
Bob and I are planning some short day trips.
We wanted to spend a few days down in Ohio,
however our doggie sitter had to go to
Florida at the last minute...so we cannot leave
Tundra by himself for a long time.

The Lebanese restaurant was Americanized
as Bob said.
Not one lamb item on the menu.
Lamb is the traditional meat his family ate.
According to Bob a  true Lebanese restaurant
 would have lamb.
The salad was the way I make,
 minus the radishes so that was good.
The hummus was good too.
Bob and I ended up getting the beef Kabob.
Our friends ordered Chicken Shawarma and
Chicken Kabobs.
The chicken Kabobs were very dry.
She told our waitress that they were like
trying to eat a donkeys ass.
I laughed because I had never 
heard this saying before.
The owner ended up giving our friend 
a chicken Shawarma to go.

For anyone who would like the salad recipe,
here it is.

Lebanese Salad
Romaine lettuce
Cucumber
Radishes
Dried Mint Leaves
Garlic Powder
Kraft Lemon Herb Dressing
(I use to make the dressing from scratch,
but Bob said this was like his grammas,
so why re-invent the wheel)

Chop the romaine into a bowl.
Cut the cucumber & radishes into pieces,
and add to bowl.
I only use about a third of a cucumber
and 3-4 radishes for 2 salads.
Pour the dressing to your liking.
I dont have the measurements for the spices.
I shake to taste. (so sorry)


We eat lots of salads in the Summer months.
I made a crab pasta salad last night for dinner.
Tonight this Lebanese salad with grilled hamburgers.

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend!

Sunday Start Blessings To All!
Janice










10 comments:

  1. I really like the colors you chose for that first stitching project. I like the Quaker stitch too.
    Glad you outing to the restaurant had some good in it!
    Enjoy your week off. I hope you have some fun getaways, even if you don't make it to Ohio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great new starts. You are a stitching fool ;-)
    Sorry about the pup sitter. Oh, the sacrifices one makes for their furkid. Anyway...enjoy your vacation and safe travels on your day trips!!! Be sure to share all your new/old goodies you find.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun choices for new starts. I am always a sucker for quaker designs. I've had that Threadwork Primitives Quaker Block Print in my stash for years now. I really need to stop being tempted by new designs and stitch some of the great things I already have. Heaven only knows I have enough to keep my hands busy for more than enough of what might remain of my nine lives. Enjoy your day trips and hope you come back with some great finds! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like cross stitch and my mom used to do it - I can't.
    Sorry about the dog sitter.
    Lebanese would definingly have lamb!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have had lovely weather the humidity broke but it is coming back. I really hate it.
    I like your new stitching.
    I am not a fan of lamb a local Greek restaurant serves a lot of it.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the crossstitch and the color. Sorry about the restaurant. I’m not fond of lamb but I certainly wouldn’t have liked the dry chicken.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. https://from-my-house.blogspot.com/2024/07/monday-july-22-blog-update.html

      Delete
  7. Such tiny stitches – I honestly don’t know how you do it - so much patience and talent! Thanks for sharing the salad recipe, it’s always disappointing when a restaurant doesn’t work out. It kind of ruins the evening for everyone. Enjoy this time off!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous as always, Janice. I really admire the time (and eyesight!) it takes to do stitching like that. And the salad looks just great! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.