Wednesday, July 17, 2024

Whippy Wednesday


Hello friends!
Today I have some progress on a few things.


Starting with Little Quakeresque.


I finished al of the letters now.


Added in my last great fathers name and info.
Started on the last two rows.
This heart has been giving me the worst time.
I cannot tell you how many times I have frogged
this now, and it still needs to be re-worked.
I needed to back away from it for a bit.


More progress on Blueskin.


As you can see started the second row of cherries.
The cherry to the left did
not look like the others.
The pattern called for it to be this way.
However looking at the picture, it was
the same as the others.

 

So I fixed it.
Much better.


Next up is Turkey Trot.
Am really getting in the mood to stitch
more Autumn.
Call me crazy I know.


I finished the annex part of the house to the right.
Am using all the called for flosses.
Oh how the photo looks so different.


Added three lil acorns and started the turkey.


Realized I did not stitch the star,
so moved to this side now and started this.
Will then go back to the turkey.


Halloween at Hawk Run Hollow.
I started this project last October 27th.
My goal was to complete a block
each month and it would take me a year
to finish this huge piece.
I am coming to the finish line.
The finish line being the final block of four.


Block 9 is now complete.
Three more to go.
I actually enjoyed stitching this one.
Although I did change up the mummy's eyes, 
nose and mouth though.
The pattern called for orange.
I chose a gray.
Outlined Frankie's arms and head.
I loved even the border around this one.



Unlike the block above,
I really loved stitching on this one every night.
Did not have to force myself to stitch this time.


Like block 6 where I just had to change up the pumpkins.
This is a Halloween piece, not Fall.


The next block is going to be once again a rough one.
Don't see a Halloween theme in this one either.
I will continue on though as the finish is near.

In other news,
Yesterday morning was a rough one.
20 minutes into my 1  hour drive,
all hell broke loose as I drove into a heavy rainstorm.
Standing water everywhere and still dark outside.
I had to continue slowly and it rained the rest of
my way into the office.

Tonight we are going out to dinner with friends.
A new Lebenese restaurant recently opened
two towns North of us.
We all want to try it.
Bob is half Lebenese, so he will be our judge 
as to if it will be good or not.
Will let you know what he thinks.

Well have to get to work.
At least no rain this morning to contend with.

Whippy Wednesday Blessings To All!
Janice









14 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with all your pieces. You've picked out some great ones to stitch. I don't have the patience or eyesight to do this. And your needle minders are very cute too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, I enjoy seeing all of your stitching projects I am sooo ready for fall this year Glad you made it to work safely-I remember those type of days. We are in for a bit of a cool down-finally hoping no more rain so I can tackle the grass cutting.
    Have a good week, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are one fast stitcher! Maybe working on fall themed pieces give you a sense of cooler temps ~ hands and eyes playing mind games with your psyche, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I always enjoy seeing your stitching. You choose great projects.
    Hope you enjoyed your supper!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Janice, those are beautiful. You do such good work. Your good instincts got you through the standing waters and you safely arrived at your destination. Looking forward hearing about the dinner. I hope it was good. Nothing is worse than spending a lot of money on a meal that is lousy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do love the stitching. :-)
    I am glad you are alright after the stressful drive in the heavy rain. We had that happen to us this past week as well!!! No fun when cars go flying by you.. I have no idea how they see the road!!
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. "Some" progress on a "few" things? Yikes...that has to be one of the greatest understatements of the year. ;-) You've made fantastic progress on many things....all of which I absolutely love. I'm tickled that you're meeting your goal on getting Hawk Run Halloween done on your "plotted" timeline. That last block is adorable. I wish I would have noted all the changes you've made along the way because I love them all...and one day I WILL stitch this magnificent piece. Yikes about the rain. We had another doozy storm too on the weekend. Over an inch and a quarter in less than 20 minutes. It was literally sheets of rain and came up without warning. I've never had Lebanese food...I have one of Joanna Gaines' cookbooks though and have made a few recipes from there...think her father is part Lebonese...but don't think that counts LOL. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sure do wish some of the rain would head to northern Ohio!!!
    You are definitely stitcher extraordinaire. You put everyone else to shame while still working full time. Geez, what will you be like when you finally retire???

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just read on Saundra s blog you have a ghost. Do tell.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bye Janice! I've decided to close down my blog. Just wanted to say thank you for your posts and your blog friendship.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Halloween theme stitching look very cheery for the fall season. Have fun at dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely amazing, I just don’t have the patience for that tiny detail, you have an accomplished so much and they look wonderful! A sudden rainstorm can be scary, sometimes there’s just no place to pull over and nothing to do but go slow and put on flashers. Glad you arrived safely. Hope dinner was good – it’s always a treat to find somewhere new to go!

    ReplyDelete
  13. All lovely stitcheries. I especially love Little Quakeresque. Hope you all had a delicious Lebenese dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  14. glad you made it safely to the office. I’m curious to hear Bob’s verdict on the new Lebanese restaurant. I love trying new cuisines, and it’s always great to have an expert opinion.

    I also wanted to let you know that I just posted a new blog entry. I’d love for you to check it out when you have a moment: How to Style Jeans and a Tank Top for Date Night. https://www.melodyjacob.com/2024/07/how-to-style-jeans-and-tank-top-for-date-night.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.