Sunday, May 26, 2024

Sunday Starts

Hello friends.
Hope this post finds you doing well.
 

My latest start is Strawberry Faire
by October House.
With strawberry season coming up,
I wanted to stitch this sweet little
pattern and will complete into a pillow.


Am stitching this one on 32ct
Old Reproduction.
Am not really loving the colors,
 but these are the called for ones.
Do I back out the pink flowers?
Or keep them as is?
I simply hate it when the colors on the picture
are not the floss choice called for.
The strawberry itself is making me dizzy.
I finally figured out the pattern to this.
There are alternating squares.
At first I could not see it, but now I do.
I started stitching this outside....
until I left for just a moment.
I got back to it and Tundra already grabbed
not only the fabric but the pattern too.
Oh trust me he knew I was mad.
Livid to be more exact.
Thankfully the pattern just has some 
folds in it.
The fabric now also has some dirt marks.


My next start is another Patriotic one.
Am really getting into this season.
This pattern is called American Eagle.


From the Blackbird book 
Sweet Land Of Liberty.
If you do not have this book of patterns,
I highly suggest you get this one before it sells out.
I want to stitch everything in this book.



Am stitching this one on 32ct Heroic linen.
When you purchase this linen,
make sure you are getting the hints of red and blue.
Some Heroic has hints of pink and blue. 



Am using most of the called for colors.
Was not happy with my Old Rose as it was more pink
in color and not a rose.
I opted for a different red from my stash,
Unfortunately I dont have the color.
Also changed the blue in the flag


Am loving this patriotic stitch.
It got me in the mood to start bringing 
out my July 4th decor.
Keeping things more simple this year.

When last I posted that morning going to work,
I saw my first turtle.
Then Friday we had a small one in our yard.
When I went to get my phone to take a pic,
Bob had put him over the fence so Tundra would 
not get him.
He said it was trying to bite him. LOL

Today's dinner will be ribs. 
Am putting them in the crock pot at first.
Then BBQ them on the grill.
For sides will be homemade  jalepeno poppers
 along with some
Chinese chicken lettuce wraps.
I was given this recipe by a co-worker eons ago.


I hope the storms will not affect your Holiday weekend.
We had some roll in yesterday morning,
but it turned out to be a grand day.

Please remember the real reason why we celebrate
this Memorial Day holiday. 
We all need to take time to reflect 
on those brave soldiers who sacrificed their lives
so that we all can be free.
Freedom should not be taken lightly.

Sunday Blessings To All!
Janice

10 comments:

  1. You sure are a speed demon with cross stitch patterns.
    Our Republic is in jeopardy right now with all the illegals crossing the border. Freedom isn't free, sadly it comes with a price. God Bless those men, women and K9 military who made that sacrifice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would be frustrated about the pattern having different colors than the picture too. You buy it because of the picture!
    I love all those patriotic stitches.
    I had to stop in the road yesterday to let a big old turtle cross. :) Good thing it was a quiet, country road.
    Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can’t believe how quickly you’re cross stitching – I do really like the patriotic one - the frame is lovely too. And why not bring out the Fourth of July decorations – I say they’re perfect starting tomorrow and all summer long.!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new stitching choices Janice! I especially love the Blackbird one. I have that book but haven't yet stitched anything from it. So many patterns, so little time. I am reading more and more about people finding turtles - especially the adorable box turtles. We only ever had 1 turtle that I know of pass through here and it was a huge, ugly, nasty, smelly, snapper. I think he wanted to make our yard its new home. Gah! Dreary and cool here with rain moving in. Have a kitty tucked in beside me and I just might put a few stitches in rather than do what I should be doing. ;-). ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. I simply adore your new patriotic stitch!!! You sure do get a lot of stitching done. Hopefully Tundra learned his lesson!
    We have some rain in today and tomorrow's forecast and I do hope we get it. We are very dry already.
    Freedom isn't free and everyone needs to remember that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your stitching again is beautiful and I love the patriotic ones! I will finally get all my red, white and blue decor out for the summer. I keep it up until August when I start to think fall...but for now I'll just think summer fun! We're under a tornado warning but it's seems like they went past us..thankfully. Have a lovely Memorial Day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your dinner sounds wonderful. We just ended a doozy of a thunder/lightning storm -- it's moving east so maybe coming your way. The samplers are exqusite.

    ReplyDelete
  8. You are certainly keeping busy stitching! Wonderful pieces.
    Dinner sounds perfect.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. We have been quite a few bad storms here in Missouri all around us had baseball size hail glad we didn't get any of that we are getting too much rain still.
    your stitching is lovely I like the pink flowers for a pop of color. you must be a fast stitcher.
    Remembering the purpose of Memorial Day is important. your food sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Friend, first of all, a big thank you for sharing about the tug and freighter on my latest blog post. I would love to learn more from you!!! It would be fun to read and learn from your log.
    I LOVE all the stitching you are doing.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.