Thursday, May 30, 2024

Filling In

 Can you believe May is almost over?
Summer is coming folks.
Memorial Day weekend was filled with
rain and thunderstorms.
None thankfully that were severe.
My BIL who lives in Texas told
us the town that was devastated by a tornado
was 35 miles from his house.
Prayers for that town.


Today I wanted to give a little update on my corner wall.
I purchased this picture online.
It arrived a few weeks ago.
When I saw it, this reminded
 me so much of Poldark.
Did any of you watch Poldark the series?
The colors are perfect for this corner. 


I did find two more candle sets
when getting out my July 4th decor.
WOHOO.
Filling in my corner candle holder.



However the burgundy set
may need to be moved or removed.
Don't really see it here.


I also decided to add my pewter candle stick
to the top of my cabinet.
It also has a beeswax candle in it.
One wall down.
One more to go.
Am being very thoughtful on this wall
since this is my last room to decorate.
I did like your comments 
on painting the switch covers.
Now Bob just has to find the paint he stashed
so either he or I can paint them.

In other news,
yesterday morning driving through the marsh,
I was able to see very clearly a heron
who had just grabbed his breakfast.
Proudly as I drove by he had it in his beak.
An awesome sight to behold.

Hopefully I can get some weeding done
 on Saturday and plant some flowers
before the rain comes in on Sunday.
Of course that could change with Mother Nature.

Hope everyone enjoys their weekend whatever
it may be.

Filling In Blessings To All!
Janice


11 comments:

  1. Hi Janice,
    Oh yes, I enjoyed Poldark. :-)
    Hello June... goodness me, 2024 is already flying by.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I watched Poldark and enjoyed it. As for heron's, before had my fish pond removed I wasn't too happy when seeing a blue heron chowing down its lunch at the side of the pond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your corner is coming together beautifully! Although I am not familiar with Poldark, it's a great picture! I have several herons who pass over on their way to the creek behind us. You can always hear their distinctive call as they approach and then it looks like something prehistoric going over. Love it. Beautiful day here today but clouds moving in for the weekend. Enjoy yours! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looking wonderful as always. Our Memorial day was rainy but the other days were good. I have been gardening most every day and my poor old bones are sore.
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that painting and how nice it looks in the corner!
    I love seeing herons. They are so majestic.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Here along Lake Erie there are lots of egrets and herons.
    Wall is looking good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The painting gives the wall corner a rich look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the painting and the color. Your corner is looking great.
    It's planting time and also weeding time unfortunately.

    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really like your painting and it's place on that wall. I didn't watch that show but my sister did and really liked it. I can't believe today is June 1st already! We've had some lovely weather down this way with some needed rain heading here tomorrow. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Janice, the painting is gorgeous and looks perfect on the wall there in the corner. I love how you are putting everything together. I loved Poldark and all the period films. Happy June..xxoJudy

    ReplyDelete
  11. You’re so right - it’s Ross! Perfect for that corner - can’t wait to see what you put together there. The Texas weather has been so awful lately- I’m glad your family was spared. I love to see the herons flying over - their long legs dancing behind make me smile!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.