Friday, May 10, 2024

Friday Finish

WOOHOO
I have a finish!
Hello friends.
I have a finish.
WOOHOO
Can you tell I am excited.
I have a new finish.


Spring Awakens.


I chose this fabric from my stash for the back
 to make into a pillow. 


I hand stitched this.


Most use lizard litter, sawdust or walnut shells
to fill their pillows.
My preferred choice is rags.
Small fabric pieces I stash away
 from previous creations.  
Too little for anything else.




Placed here now with my antique coverlet.


I tried to get as close to the colors of my coverlet.
This one is 183 years old.
Still in great shape, but just used as a display now.


My Spring display finished now
with my quilt kitty and blue stoneware cake crock.
This crock would have been filled 
with cake batter and placed on hot coals to bake.


Coverlet with a few other blue coverlet pieced ones
tucked inside one of my antiques splint baskets.
All atop my huge covered dough box
with a 6 board chest underneath.
Both hold Christmas items inside.

Now onto something else to finish.

In other news,
the other evening our state had some 
terrible storms roll in with tornadoes.
15 minutes to the South of us
one of the marinas there only has a half a building left.
Metal flew everywhere.
The house across the street is half gone.
It was not categorized as a tornado on our side,
but to me driving through it looked like a war zone.
Downed trees and wires everywhere.
In the morning I had to drive around trees 
in the road as I was headed to work.
Coming back in the daylight was when
I saw the destruction more.
So many tornadoes this year and I pray
for all those affected my them.

Before the storm hit, we saw this after 
the first rainstorm came by.


It actually was a double rainbow, 
however the second one did not get caught on camera.

Tomorrow my mom is coming down
for Mother's Day and us kids are taking her to dinner.
Its her favorite restaurant near us, so I know
she will like it.
I hope everyone who is a mother has a fantastic
Mother's Day!

Mother's Day Blessings To All!
Janice










9 comments:

  1. Bet that coverlet cost a pretty penny, or two, lol. Love how your stitchery turned out!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little finish! I stuff my items with snippets of wool for a nice lumpy, heavy feel.
    Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did an absolutely beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful finish Janice! Congratulations! It looks great with your wonderful coverlet. I heard about the storms - you're right, there have been quite a few already this year. They are one thing that truly scares me. Sounds like a fun game plan for mother's day. My son and his little family went to South Dakota so it will be a very quiet one here. Enjoy your time together! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous pillow! Sorry for the damage caused by the tornadoes! Enjoy your dinner and time with Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your little pillow turned so sweet and the backing is perfect for it. I like things to be useful and I like that you use your chest and dough box to store your Christmas items in. It beats having to tote them from storage somewhere else.

    Happy Mothers' Day to you and all the moms in blogland. Enjoy the weekend and dinner with your mom.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cross stitching is just Beautiful & I love how you stuffed it with rags !!! Pretty , pretty !!!
    Oh all those tornados are terrifying , so much destruction , hard to see and those poor people who lost everything ....

    ReplyDelete
  8. You do such beautiful work there.
    Happy Mother's Day to you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  9. We saw some of the destruction on tv so horrid. I am glad you are safe.
    I love your finish it looks pretty with the coverlet.
    Happy Mother's day
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.