Wednesday, November 1, 2023

Christmas Socks


Hello friends!
The next few posts or more I will
show you my Christmas goodies I had been
 working on for the store.

I learned how to crochet facing my maternal gramma.
Since I was a leftie this was the perfect way for me to learn.
I eventually learned how to read a pattern,
however it was she who taught me the basics,
and I am so grateful as a 12 year old she had 
the patience to teach me.



I set up to full size trees this year for the store.
These red/ white and red/green
went on one tree.


White this pink/white


and green/white went on another one.




Then call me crazy but I did this color for
 my own Christmas tree.
It is my unconventional prim tree,
where i like to use browns, gold, blue and yes
orange.
The orange yarn in this one has some blue in it.
The variegated cream has orange, tan and browns.
It was leftover yarn from my pumpkins
I crocheted, so it will look perfect for my tree.

In other news,
the guy who owns the large Victorian mansion
owns a construction company.
He brings in a lift crane to place all of 
the skeletons on the house.
Last year he only had 3 on the house.
This year he had 9.
I do not know if the house is haunted though,
but would love to tour the inside.
We also went by there last night to see
if he had it lit up.
OMG did he ever.
Plus you could hear 
the Halloween music from the road.
On top of that there must have been at least
75-100 people standing in line on the sidewalk
and inside the cemetery part.
He must give out pretty good candy
for folks to stand in line 
for what would seem a long time. 

I really do not have lots of things.
However what I do have gets stored in all
of my cupboards, laundry room and closet. 
What does not fit in there
 goes in totes and stored in our garage.

Say a little prayer for my daughter.
he has a job interview on Friday with 
another company in which both the pay
and benefits will be better than the job she just lost.

My granddaughter Mikayla
was dressed as a clown for Halloween...
but her colors were all black and white.
A creepy clown for sure.

Well have to get to work.
Hope everyone enjoyed their Halloween.
We had snow flurries off nd on yesterday.

Stocking Blessings To All!
Janice








12 comments:

  1. Adorable stockings and bet they sell quickly and you will wish you'd made more. Good for your daughter, that proves that when one door closes another opens! Happy for her and with better pay and benefits.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little stockings.... I'll be looking forward to seeing your Christmas displays both at the store and at home. Not sure what if anything I will get up...guess it will depend on if I manage to get Halloween taken down. Fingers crossed for your daughter's interview on Friday. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks like you can create just about anything with your crocheting. The stocking are just so sweet. I'm looking forward to seeing your Christmas decor, both at home and at the shop.

    Thanks for answering my question about how the owner of the mansion is placing those huge skeletons up there.

    No body decorated for Halloween on our street and I only saw one house decorated for Halloween with a huge spider web and spider up the main road.

    I pray that your daughter gets the new job. Good luck to her.

    Take care, hugs.

    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the stockings, especially the one you have chosen for your prim tree. We had M&M candies to hand out, but it was a no show here. Hubby and son enjoyed the M & Ms

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't knit but I do crochet although it has been a LONG time. The socks are cute. I've seen them strung together and used as garland on the tree or a mantel. Is that what you plan to do?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such cute stockings! My Mom would crochet and I bet she never thought of making something like that for our trees back in the day. I never learned that craft. I know it's never too late to try but not sure if I have the patience! Mom even crocheted my sister's wedding dress! I'll have to do a post sometime about that. We don't get kiddos out here but somehow candy appears! We had snow on the ground this morning. Just a dusting but enough to say BRRR!!! I hope all goes well with your daughter's new job chances!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the stockings! They are the cutest.
    That Victorian mansion sounds amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun little stockings!!! I'm sure they will sell quickly.
    Prayers that your daughter gets the job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Praying the job is a good fit and she gets hired!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I absolutely love the beautiful Christmas stockings. You are so talented to croquet. I wish I could do needlework.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the stockings.
    We had our first snow fall and it stuck for a few days. Now we will be enjoying an Indian Summer. :-) I am glad for that, we still have to button up the garden.
    Praying for your daughter.
    xx oo
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.