Monday, November 13, 2023

Santa's Friends


Hello friends,
As we get into the Christmas season,
here are Santa's friends that actually 
I created in July. 
 

It's been many many years that I have
created an elf and thus I decided to do one
this year.
This jolly elf is made from grunged up green flannel. 
His hat from Christmas fabric and the brim 
again from that antique coverlet.
His scarf is a flannel plaid and he also sports
a rusty jingle bell.


Then I thought, you cannot have an elf
without Rudolf.
He is made from grunged up Onasburg.
His nose from leftovers of Bob's shirt
Which I made the Santa's from..
(use up what I can)
He is sporting a wreath around his neck
with greens, rusty bells and red striped ribbon.

I had so much fun hand sewing these together.
I simply love hand sewing.
It takes more time, but I can sit and relax,
watch tv and stitch away...
and yes soon I will be stitching 
next to our new fireplace.

In other news,
I got a screw in the sidewall of my rear tire.
They cannot patch, so a new one has to be put on.
Waiting for them to call for me to go in.
The joy of owning a car.

Kathy in Ozarks blog asked me what type
of electric heater we have for our new fireplace. 
It is a Duraflame from Lowes.
I forgot to mention it has a remote,
and the flames can be raised or lowered.
Plus we have the crackling sound of a real fire
if we choose.
Electric space heaters have come along way.

My daughter Michele accepted the first job interview.
She starts next Monday.
Thank you again for all the well wishes.

Well have to get to work.
Hope everyone has a wonderful week.

Friend Blessings To All!
Janice





13 comments:

  1. Your elf and Rudolf are so cute. You have the primitive style just right!
    That fireplace will be so nice.
    Congrats to Michelle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't made dolls or other critters is years. Regarding Bob's shirt ~ that's right ... "use it up, wear it out, made do or do without".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both the elf and Rudolf are super sweet but I'm mostly smitten by the little elf. He's just as one would imagine an elf. Yay on your daughter's job! But boo on the screw in your tire. My warning lights have been blathering on about tire pressures in several of my tires but hoping it is only due to the changes in temps. Happy Monday! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my, your new creatures are the most adorable little ones! Well done, Janice. Those are for the shop? They won't be around long!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What fun friends you have created!!!
    I am surprised that they will replace just one tire but happy that they will do that for you...though no fun you have to replace even one.
    Congrats to your daughter. So happy she found a job...a better one...so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your new creations are so cute, I'm sure they will disappear instantly. I believe you'll have to make some more.

    Congratulations to your daughter. I'm glad that she accepted the first job. Sometimes, more money is not always the best choice.
    Bummer about having to replace the tire. I'm having my snow tires put on on Nov. 21st, over a month after I made the appointment.

    Stay warm and well.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  7. If your car is all wheel drive they would suggest we replace them all! I love your sweet pieces you are so talented.
    So happy for your daughter
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am so happy for your daughter.... good news... we all need more of that!
    Your talent makes me smile.. I love the elf.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no, tires aren't cheap anymore!!!
    We have a gas fire and and love it.
    They sure are nice on cold winter days and no clean up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your creativity leaves me open-mouthed!
    Wishing your daughter Michelle a successful start with the job she got! A happy daughter makes for a happy mother.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, how cute is that elf and Rudolf! Christmas is coming! Congrats to your daughter and I hope she loves her new job. We have 2 wood burning fireplaces and a wood stove that can heat the house in Winter. Lots of work getting the wood, chopping the wood, splitting the wood, etc. We have one electric fireplace in the family room. Turn it on with remote. Set the heat temp. Done. Enjoy your fireplace! Sorry about your tire. I had a nail in mine this year and ended up having to buy 4 tires because it's all wheel drive and the tires have to match. Go figure!

    ReplyDelete
  12. the little elf & reindeer are just the cutest! they remind me of the PrimMart Christmas ornie swap I participated in so many years ago

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for the info on the heater...I have an old pot belly stove I wanted in the milkhouse (it was so cold last weekend!) but oh no...can't install it because (heaven forbid) it's old with no UL rating. Sigh... great stitching as always...such talent!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.