Thursday, November 9, 2023

Sneak Peeks

 Good day friends!
Today I wanted to show you a couple
of sneak peeks.


First up is one of the three patterns
I have been stitching on.
This cross stitch pattern is by
Scattered Seed Samplers
"Little Pear Tree" Pinkeep.
I want to turn it into a Christmas ornament.
(if I get it finished in time)


I purchased these floss drops to make my
stitching more fancy.
Am using all the called for DMC threads except
for the portion of blue hearts.
I changed mine to an orange.


Am stitching this on 36 ct Tycho Edinberg linen
by Picture This Plus.


My next sneak peek is our new fireplace hearth. 


This is our new electric heater.


The bricks Bob used and the 1800 year 
old wood he used for the trim all around.
(just to keep the bricks in place)
We did not want to cut a hole in our wood floor,
just in case after we are gone if someone
did not like this, they could remove easily. 


What it looks like lit up.
I did not want to show the whole fireplace
yet as Bob has all of his tools on top.
plus on the floor.
Getting to the finish line now....

In other news my daughter got the job from
her first interview, but also had a second interview
with the second place.
(which also will pay $3 more per hour than the 1st one )
The second interview she was told they would
 let her know by week's end if she has the job.
I told her to wait until Friday late
and if no word, accept the first offer.

Yesterday our day here in Michigan
started out with freezing rain, then it snowed,
then back to rain. What a trifecta of weather.
Then in the middle of the night 
we had thunderstorms roll in.
How crazy is that?

We also had a freighter which grounded in the river.
It was sideways in the river, therefore all
of the other freighters had to anchor.
It took almost 12 hours and two tugs to free it.
One year we had a freighter lose its steering
and almost hit our dock.
That was not fun at all.
Because of it traffic was backed up
 with folks talking pictures. 
Even all of the local news stations were here filming.
I will never forget that freighter named
Agawa Canyon...alas it has since been scrapped.

Heigh Ho
Heigh Ho
It's off to work I go. 

Sneak Peek Blessings To All!
Janice







12 comments:

  1. good morning, loving your stitching project and I just love your electric fireplace-what brand is it? wow that is scary about the big freighters. we have ocean boats here on the lake- craziness but at least nothing larger we are still fairly warm here although I have not been able to be out and enjoy it Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to cross stitch and seeing yours makes me miss it. I really like that pattern.
    The fireplace looks great! You will enjoy it this weekend.
    We had crummy weather yesterday too, but not as bad as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good grief - I meant you will enjoy the fireplace this winter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks cozy with your new fireplace AND will keep you warm while you stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this little stitch! I'm not familiar with this one of Tammy's for some reason. Might be one to add to my hoard....er, stash. The fireplace looks great! How cozy that will be. I am still missing (and seething about) my fireplace. Grrr. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fire looks so cozy and I love the brick.
    It was crazy warm here this morning - 61!!! After some rain the temperature has dropped again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet little cross stitch project.
    Fireplace is looking good.
    So happy to hear daughter's good news. A $3 an hour increase is $6k a year. That is major!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The fireplace looks really good! So cozy! I'll look forward to seeing the whole project. I'm glad your daughter got the job/jobs! I hope it all works well for her. Good luck with your stitching and I bet it will turn out lovely. We've had really nice weather with a little rain thrown in. Cold this weekend but sunny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. A grounded freighter -- that sounds dramatic. I love how you did the fireplace -- it's lovely. And three cheers for your daughter's job success. Lots of good news here. (Wonderful stitching too!)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your stitching pattern. I can picture you ( even though I don't know what you look like) sitting by the fireplace stitching this beautiful little Partridges in a pear tree for Christmas.
    Congratulations to your daughter for having secured a job.

    That freighter on its side sounds very dramatic.
    Enjoy the weekend.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  11. The fireplace is looking good and cozy, nice job.
    The river blockages sound like major news, and a major community gawking event. I know I'd be out there taking a look at big ships. It is as good as watching heavy machinery,

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello, I like the fireplace, that will be so nice and cozy to sit and craft by.
    Thank you for sharing the freighter story, I am going to share it with my husband.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.