Saturday, October 28, 2023

October CupboardScape


Hello my spooky friends!


 Here you are,
dressed up for the night.
You knock and knock hoping for a fright.
Instead I am dressed up too,
I give you a fright.
When I yell BOO!
By Emma Walsh         












This was my Halloween CupboardScape 
for this October.
Hope you enjoyed it.


Remember last year when I posted the huge
skeletons on this Victorian 3 story mansion.


Well he did it again.


Only this year he added a surrey 
with the fringe on top.


Another antique carriage.
The entire front yard was
decorated like a cemetery, however
I was parked in a spot 
where you are not suppose to stop.
I quickly took as many pics as I could.

In other news,
I am currently working on three cross stitch
patterns. Hoping to get one completed
before Christmas as I want to make it into
and ornament for my tree. Will see if I finish.
The other two are kinda big, so not sure 
when they will get finished.
Am gung ho at the moment, and hopefully
I wont get bored....but who knows.

Am taking another "ME" day today.
I need to do laundry big time and do more cleaning
that was neglected for awhile.
I will stitch some more in between and hook tomorrow.

Bob has not worked on our back room in weeks.
Hopefully it will be completed by Christmas.
He took woodworking in high school.
When his dad retired, they started working
on fixer upper houses for his dad's cousin.
Before fixer uppers were all over tv.
Bob would work his job during the day,
and then go over at night & weekends to work on a house.
He also worked for his cousin who is a mason
by trade so he knows how to brick and tile too.
It helps when he can do these things and we dont
 have to hire out.

Well off to do something.
Hope everyone has a great weekend.

Happy Halloween Blessings To All!
Janice














15 comments:

  1. Great Halloween decorations, particularly the vintage Jack and want to know if you did that witch applique on the wall behind it. Can't imagine having to keep that 3 story mansion clean and upkeep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, Really enjoyed your post,, it is good when we can learn skills without needing to hire the work done. Happy weekend and Halloween glad you found more Me time

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm due for a ME day too. Your Halloween decorations are lovely and it reminds me of when I use to decorate for Halloween.
    Now we hardly have visitors since Covid and I no longer bother, besides I lost most of my halloween decorations.
    I really like the autumn wreath.

    That old Victorian mansion looks haunted. I bet there's a lot of history in that old place. I wonder how he place all those skeletons so high. Have a fun Halloween.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a very cool house! And perfect for Halloween.
    My Bob also took woodworking in school and that started his learning on all kinds of things. We are blessed to have Bob's that can do those things.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a good weekend for doing house things -- or taking a walk. Love the pumpkins in ths post!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun cupboardscape. Of course, my favorite is your old JOL. I used to have a whole collection of those other foamy ones. I sold them on ebay after a while and was astounded by how collectible they are/were. And that mansion is an absolute scream! I'd love to see it up close and personal. The old carriages are the perfect finishing touches. I bet the cemetery is awesome as well. How I wish I had a handy man handy. I have a major issue going on in my garage and don't even know where to begin. If it goes the way of repairing my fireplace, it will fall down around me before anyone gets back to me. Enjoy your stitching and hooking! Can't wait to see what you're working on. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are some really sinister looking pumpkins! That Halloween house is pretty scary. Victorian type houses always look scary to me - You have so many things, you must have some huge storage to be able to keep so much. For years I paid for a storage place for my decorations. Then we move to our house and slowly I started getting rid of it because having been stored, they were falling apart. Such a waste of money but I try not to think about that - its done and over with.

    You do have a flair for decorating.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What wonderful decorations but
    Of course that doesn't surprise me at all always wonderful
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun Halloween decorations, but of course my favorite is the old mache Jack!
    Oh the $$$ people are spending on decorating their yards!!! Fun to see...but not for me ;-)
    Now what I would love is to see the inside of that mansion!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good for you...a ME day is sometimes just absolutely necessary. I know there's always much to do, but you know, you just have to let yourself rest and unwind some days...good for you! Now on to the skeletons...oh dear, that is so much work and so clever, what an amazing display! The neighborhood kids (and us adults!) must absolutely love it. Your October display is spot on...colors, vintage finds, a perfect look for tomorrow! Take care...it's a drizzling day here, hmmm, perhaps a ME day?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Me' days are a Must!
    I like it how the pumpkin has become famous through the Halloween carving tradition. There are even contests on pumpkin carving. In fact, they say, pumpkin carving has become both an industry and a tradition.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Halloween, thank you for sharing the spooky mansion with us. Amazing!! And now for a peek inside please.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What beautiful and super cool pumpkins you have! I love all your Halloween decor and also all the witches from your previous post. That house is amazing! I would love to see it in person! Good luck on your home projects and enjoy another "me" day! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my gosh! It all looks terrific! How talented you are!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is a cool mansion! I have that little box of cookie cutters too...only, not sure where it is, your photo reminded me I have one.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.