Tuesday, July 4, 2023

Patriotic Snippets


Hello my Patriotic friends from all
over the world.
I know you all are very patriotic.
Today I wanted to show you some
of my patriotic snippets.

Before I do,
How many countries celebrate July 4th?
Answer will be at the bottom.
 










Just wanted to thank Winnie again for this lovely
mug mat.
I chose to use it as an outdoor welcome mat
for my log cabin here.


Hope you enjoyed my pics.
Also hope my American friends remain patriotic.
So many folks are not.

Now for the answer to my question.
If you guessed all, you are correct.
Our holiday is actually called
Independence Day.
All countries have a July 4th.
Did you answer correctly?

In other news,
we left last Friday for Ohio at 7:00am
Arrived back home at 7:15pm.
I drove as Bob cannot drive freeways yet.
We only made it to 2 antique stores,
however I did bring home items.
We ate in Seville at El Patron Mexican restaurant.
All I know is Ohio has some awesome
Mexican restaurants.
Michigan not so much.

We also saw 3 different Amish buggies.
driving along a busy road coming home.
One was a single man, one a married man with two boys
while the third two married men.
Here in Michigan
 we have signs alerting to Amish communities,
 so I was surprised to see them 
as I did not see any signs...unless I missed them.  

What will you be dong on your holiday?
I will be opening up my packages from antiquing
and finding spots for them.
Will take pics and show later.
Ribs and fixins will be our dinner tonight.

Patriotic Snippet Blessings To All!
Janice





12 comments:

  1. Happy July 4th to you and Bob. Hope the fireworks don't scare Tundra as many dogs are quite disturbed that that burst of noise. I will be staying inside the A/C unless the grass dries out enough for me to cut it later today. Thankfully had a huge rain last evening so that if anyone in the neighborhood sets off fireworks I won't be so afraid of a woods fire.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy 4th sounds like a good trip and the food sounds yummy
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have Amish buggies everywhere here and I'm glad you had a nice trip to God's country! Ha! Next trip please stop by! Have a happy 4th and I'll look forward to seeing what treasures you found!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Independence Day, Janice. I wish we had Amish settlements close by here. I'd hire them to fix things around here.

    Enjoy your quiet patriotic celebration.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh...looking forward to seeing your treasures!!!
    I don't believe there are any signs in Ohio alerting you to the presence of Amish buggies. What really makes me mad is when the back of the buggies are not marked with the yellow triangle, I think it is. Scary...for me and for them.
    My favorite vignette is all your little shoes lined up!
    Happy birthday, America and I cannot believe those who are not patriotic. If you don't like it here...GET THE HELL OUT!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Has been a miserable rainy day here in New England ...the Sun finally poked thru about an hour ago ....no plans for today ....I sat & hooked most of the day instead .
    Enjoyed your displays , Happy 4Th !!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful snippets Janice. Love always to see your displays/vignettes and your patriotic spirit. Can't wait to see your new treasures. Ok...I am most likely missing something but how could you tell one man was single, one was married and the two two married men??? (You do know this is going to keep me up tonight....LOL) ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello,
    We just got home from a busy weekend. Friday we attended a wedding for one of our boys friends from childhood. Goodness me, it is hard to believe watching them get married as I remember them as little fellas playing. ;-)
    We traveled to my parents farm in the Price County area of Wisconsin and enjoyed spending time with them. We are now home again, home again.
    Please share more about how you can tell about the Amish being married... and the signage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all your patriotic touches! Glad you had a fun time in Ohio - lots of good finds to be had there. Yes, also lots of great Mexican food too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. You are so festive! It sounds like a wonderful road trip and good finds, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad your trip was good...a 12-hour getaway! (and I'm sure Tundra is glad you're home again) And you're right, some of the Amish communities do have signs, some don't...I always a need to keep my eyes wide open when I visit those areas. Can't wait to see what you found!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Janice! I'm so happy to meet you. I just found your comments in my spam folder, or I would have come visiting earlier. I don't know what makes blogger decide perfectly fine comments are spam, and then sends obvious spam comments through.
    Anyway - I love your primitives and I'm patriotic so visiting here is great.
    I live in Allendale - between Grand Rapids and Grand Haven and am wondering where in Michigan you are.
    Also, I'm thinking your husband is Bob? My husband is also named Bob. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.