Monday, July 24, 2023

Bedroom Blessings

WARNING
***HEAVY PICTURE POST***


I will try to write as little as I can.
This cabinet was moved from our back room.
The smaller white one went back into the back room.
 




I know many of you liked the tan color from before.
The blue and the placement of the bed now,
make this room even bigber.







The lady on the left was my paternal grandmother's
father's sister Teresa.
The wedding portrait on the right was my
mom's parents.
I found this picture when cleaning out,
so I thought what a nice gesture to hang in here
where my mom sleeps when she comes over.
The rug in the middle was my first hooked rug.


This cabinet was moved here now.
Originally in the corner under the windows.


My friends I created.


Bob created the candle holder from an antique
tin piece. He sold many, but I kept one.


The hat was my mom's dads.


The new coverlet I purchased in Ohio.
Will need to remove it when mom visits,
as she is allergic to wool.
You can see it does not fit our 3/4 bed at the end.
It does have a center seam, but I believe this
would have been for either a rope bed or a twin.
The white you see is the quilt underneath.






The pine dresser is now here 
where the white cabinet was.






We purchased this antique oriental rug
eons ago it seems. We have had it in our
antique store for many years.
Then moved it to the gift shop for a few years.
Now it will remain back at home.

In other  news,
we had a wallop of a storm blow through
Thursday night. 
We were without power for 5 hours.
I had candles lit everywhere.
We truly were in the 1800's that night.
Our stores did not get power back until Saturday.
Funnel clouds were spotted in the lake
just to the Northwest of us and that was where the
storm came from.
A bit unusual for us, as bad storms usually 
come from the Southwest. 
The town where our stores are, they got it worse.
Trees on cars and houses.
Trees split in half.
It looked like a war zone where I drove through
on Saturday before opening.

Grandpa Ed is doing good.
We saw him yesterday.
He looks tired, but out of the hospital now.
Thank you for your thoughts and prayers.
Tundra was happy to see his grampa Ed.

Bedroom Blessings To All!
Janice
 










12 comments:

  1. I love your antique adaptation hooked rug. One day, maybe this winter I plan to hook it. You did a very good copying it btw. Glad grandpa Ed is okay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning, lovely home with lots of memories. So sorry the storm reached your area.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow....lots and lots of goodies tucked in that room of memories. I probably would not sleep if I were a guest in it as I would be busy studying everything and drinking in all the eye candy. The coverlet looks wonderful on the bed - it makes quite the focal point. Glad you were spared the damage of the storm, albeit powerless. We are just dry and hot...and getting hotter. ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all your keepsakes in your home and you have displayed them so nicely. Nice photos

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always say that when I see your antiques decor in your house is like stepping out in time. You did a great job displaying all your pieces.

    I'm glad that Grampa Ed is doing well and that the storm only took out our power and that there was no damage. Mother nature is a force to be reckon with.

    Take care and enjoy your newly decorated house.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Room looks lovely.
    So happy Grandpa Ed is on the mend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad Grandpa Ed is home and doing well. What a terrible storm!
    Your room is so pretty. I love all your primitives. They are welcoming and charming.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love seeing the things you've purchased and how you display them. That coverlet is beautiful, just beautiful. And I love the gesture of the photo in the guest room. I think your mom will especially appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello,
    We had a dozy of a storm over our way too. Awful hail, it was tennis ball size. It crashed into Wal-Mart's sky lights!!!! Our local Wal - Mart has been closed for repairs. There is video of the hail busting the skylights, then all the rain pouring into the store.
    Another store the same thing happened.. Menards.

    I love the room. I spy an American Flag.
    xx oo
    Praying for Grandpa Ed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I knew we were in for a real treat when I read "Warning - Heavy Picture Post." Wow, I loved this post so much. You have done a wonderful job with this bedroom. Your mother will enjoy her next sleepover, for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I spy a bear paw quilt section over the dresser...I'm always looking for a blue and white one for the bed, one of my favorite patterns.

    We've had storms too, but we didn't lose power...i hope it wasn't too hot for you, that just makes everything miserable. And those storms always seem to blow in just when my tall flowers are about to bloom...now I have so many laying on their sides...that's just how it goes I guess!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.