Saturday, July 8, 2023

July CupboardScape


Hello my friends.
I should have posted this cupboardscape on 
July 4th. Oh well.
 

Let's start with this needlework piece.
Does anyone remember doing needlepoint?
Over the years we have sold many chairs
which the seats were done in a floral needlepoint.
I found this one and loved the patriotic look of it.
Bonus it was even framed.


This paper mache box is from the 1980's.


The patriotic runner is an antique one.
Made of a fine gauze.



I decided to add my horse in this because
it reminded me of George Washington
riding his steed during the Revolutionary War.


A simple patriotic display adding in 
vintage and antique items.

Hope everyone has a spectacular weekend!
We are supposed to get more rain.
Mosquitoes are taking over it seems.

What will your plans be for the weekend?

July CupboardScape Blessings To All!
Janice


10 comments:

  1. I like your patriotism as displayed in the items of your store . I particularly liked the horse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful patriotic displays. It poured here yesterday, so far today it is sunny and going to be another steamer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the needlework. I used to do cross stitch all the time. I miss it.
    We are about to go to an air show where Bob gets to fly in a B25. He loves old planes and this is a retirement gift from me and the kids. Hope the weather holds out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patriotic display is fabulous. I love, love that horse on wheels.
    We've had hot humid weather with sun and showers this week.
    Just can't get good enough weather to cut, dry and bale hay this June and July so far. We only managed one small field.

    Have a good weekend.
    Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  5. Years ago I did needlepoint but never one of my favorite handworks. I just love your Old Glory!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love it -- oh well! Same here. But I do love your cupboard scape and it couldn't be more timely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always inspiring! Our 4th was spent waiting for fireworks to begin...some glitch make them about an hour late, but with bug spray in hand, we waited. Hope you had a good holiday...again, love the displays!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my most favorite displays of yours ever. That needlework is amazing! I used to do quite a bit of needlepoint...way back when. We have cooled down remarkably but, equally remarkably, still no rain. 🙁 No plans at all here...my knee is out and I will be happy to make it downstairs to clean catboxes...or out the back door to water at least one or two plants. GRRRR ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the patriotic theme! Your needlework is beautiful. I've never done any. I do have a chair with needlework on the seat. It was given to me by my brother's ex-wife and it belonged to her Mother who did all the needlework. I was surprised that she gave it to me and I have kept it all these years. Our 4th was quiet and the rain here has been off and on with humid days and mosquito nights!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello, I LOVE your patriotic decor. The 4th of July is my favorite holiday. My grandpa loved the 4th of July. Our son Sam is named after my grandpa. My grandpa served in WW2, he shared many a story with us and freedom was precious to him.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.