Wednesday, July 12, 2023

Our Haul

 
As promised here are the pics
from our quick jaunt down to Ohio.
I was so over the moon 
at what I was able to bring home.
It helps when you have a hubby 
that likes what you like.


I wanted another rye basket and this one
was 25% off.
Could not pass it up.
 

These were my third favorite items.
Stone cherries to go with my
other stone fruit.
Still on the hunt for the elusive watermelon slice
and half fruits. 
Lauren dont invite me over to your house. LOL


This early stoneware transferware eagle jug.
I scored with this one only being $15.
I was going to pass on it, but Bob said  "get it".


Also found three more leather books
to add to my collection.


I have been trying my best to locate
a red/blue coverlet and finally found one
I could afford.
Most are $300.
This one does have a few holes in it, but I don't mind.
It cost $100.


Was looking for an onion bottle,
but came home with this green bottle instead.
I know...I am not a fan of green,
but for a colonial look, one must have a green bottle.


One more piece of stone fruit to add to my collection.
This one is a plum.


A leather shot pouch with lead shot inside.
Pretty cool.


Now when I decided to go antiquing in Ohio,
I told Bob the two items I really, really wanted
was another Windsor chair for extra seating 
when company came over.
Even though this one is a vintage one,
at $125 I could not pass it up.
At least it is sturdy enough for anyone to sit one.
Antique ones at Seville were $495.
Am not going to pay that much and hope 
no one breaks it when they sit in it.
That's why my real one is in the bedroom.
However I only paid $125 for my antique one
 many years ago.
My how prices have increased.


The second item I was really hoping
to find was a side table.
We were originally going to take our cargo van
but Bob did not have time to clean it out.
Yes, I do drive this van.
We took turns many times driving down South
and into North Carolina with it.
I actually like driving it because it is higher up.
Well I was worried that I would not be able to
fit chairs and a table in my Equinox,
 but Bob said no problem.
Well the chair and table did fit.
Thank goodness.
I hurriedly put this display together,
but it is not going to stay,
nor is it going to remain by our fireplace.
For those interested in what I paid for this beauty,
being an antique dealer sometimes has its perks.
I actually traded two other prim items
we had in our store and traded for this.
The cost of the table was $245, but the 2 items,
I had traded for cost me $150.
We both were happy and thats all that matters.
I was in talks with the vendor before heading down,
so she knew what we were trading for.

Am loving my new items,
even though all have not been placed yet.

We are still working on our living room
and back room redo.
Just moving things around to stay in place.
Am tired of moving furniture around.

In other news,
yesterday a whopper of a storm hit the town
where our stores are in Marine City.
We knew the storms were coming in so Bob
told our worker she could go home before they hit.
We were on the road coming back home
and I was driving through some pretty heavy rains.
Once we got into town, trees were down in the streets,
one on a home and branches down everywhere.  
We were glad we let her go home.
Thankfully when we passed our stores, no damage there.
When we got home our power was out for a bit.
We live 10 minutes to the south of our stores.
More rain today with the possibility of storms.
I feel so bad for those affected by the floods
in the Northeast.
How devastating it is for those folks.

Bob had both a neurology and cardiology appt
yesterday.
He was given the all clear by his neurologist.
His brain is healed and no appt now for another year.
He has to go back in 6 months to
the cardiologist as he wants to see him one more
time once he gets fitted for his sleep apnea mask.
It was a year on July 1st that he had his stroke.
We are not sure if his peripheral eyesight
in his left eye will ever be back to 100%.
Only God knows.

Well thats it for now.

A Haul Blessings To All!
Janice



12 comments:

  1. I used to love the thrill of the hunt for antiques but no longer interested in bringing in old stuff my family won't want. Matter of fact I just took a wooden antique highchair and two big primitive dolls which were displayed in it to the thrift shop. After I dropped it off regretted not taking a photo to share. But the tray part had brass fittings to keep it in place so you know it was old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice haul! I'm glad Ohio did not disappoint. Your finds are really cool. I like that side table. Have a good rest of your week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did good on your purchases!!! What shops did you visit besides Seville Antiques? If you are ever in Ohio and stop by my house, I will hide the stone fruit...lol! Your vintage Windsor is gorgeous.
    Great news for Bob. May he continue to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your purchases! I wish I lived nearer to you because I can see that I would enjoy shopping there. The chair, that bottle, the jug, the fruit... all so nice!
    Glad to hear Bob got the all clear from neurology.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That chair is the best! Lucky you! And that coverlet!! I love your plum too... Heck, I love all your new old treasures. Good thing we don't shop together as we'd be fighting each other for the same things. It sounds like Bob has made a remarkable recovery - so very glad. We had a storm the night before last - horrible winds that did in several of my plants - both annuals and perennials and knocked over my ladder and seveal ot her things. Minor stuff considering what other parts of the country are dealing with...very minor. And, hey, we got 1/4" of rain out of it!! ~Robin~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you had a good trip. Ohio is so pretty this time of year. I'm kinda with Saundra, I used to love to go antiquing, but now I dont have the room for new stuff. funny story regarding stone fruit. When my kids were little one of them picked up a piece of stone fruit and tried to take a bite. Good memories.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trip to Ohio was very (stone) fruitful, lol. No pun intended. I love that Windsor chair. A trip to Lauren would be interesting too. She practically has an antique store in her house.

    I'm glad that Bob was given the all clear by his neurologist. That is quite a blessing. Enjoy your new antiques.
    Hugs,
    Julia

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great trip you had. The old chair is a real beauty and worth every penny. And, the coverlet is divine. We definitely are through with moving furniture from here to there, and I have declared that I'll not be bringing anything more into the house, but your post is making me have second thoughts about that. :~)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rick said there were big storms down Lansing way too but up here, nothing. I love the finds you brought home. That Windsor chair was smart -- vintage works and is probably a safer bet all the way around unless one is a purist and lives in a museum where no sitting is allowed! Love that basket especially!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello,
    I love all the treasures, what a fantastic trip. I continue to pray for you all.
    Love, Carla

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your trip to Ohio, Janice, was quite successful. You've got some wonderful items: a basket, stone cherries and stone plum, a jug, leather books, red-blue coverlet, green bottle, Windsor chair, side table. Enjoy it all!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You found some wonderful things Janice...definitely worth the trip...and I'm green with envy over the table! I found some old bottles cleaning out the barn...I'll have to post about them. Most from the 40's - always exciting to me when I find a bit of history hiding in the dirt. Can't wait to see how you decorate with everything...that's almost as much fun as finding them!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you friends for reading my blog! I especially enjoy reading your comments.